Day 9: The Daggers

Strangely enough, the sky was grey that day on Asgard. It would usually be clear blue with very few white fluffy clouds. That day, it looked like the sky before a storm.

Thor sat there, on the throne of his, but he wasn't there all by himself. Sitting on his lap was his brother, Loki. They both seemed to enjoy the chilly weather. It what they had been doing, ever since Thor became the rightful King of Asgard. He would occasionally create those storms, for the sake of his brother, and pull him into cuddles. Thor knew that Loki loved to feel wind brushed on his crystal skin, through his long black hair, it gave him the comfort he most needed. Only when it happened that Thor could see his brother blissful face.

"You know your people would not be so pleased about this, don't you?" Loki purred out his words. Maybe because he was originally from Jotunheim, or whatsoever, those nice cold breezes would always cheer him up. He playfully pulled a lock of his hair and curled it up with his finger.

Thor looked down to Loki, gave a quick glance to his arm. "You know the reason for me to do this." He caught Loki's arm and pulled it up and towards him a bit so he could see it clearly. A moment passed, and Thor stopped staring and started putting kisses on the arm he was holding.

After Thor stopped, Loki put his arm down in front of his face. He looked a little sad. Yes, he was the reason for all of this. He was suicidal. And even before that, he loved doing self-harming stuff.

Throwback to two months ago, when Thor first discovered Loki suicide attempt. The trickster God had the game under his sleeves, but it was no good game for him at that time. He sneaked out the deadly poison that could immediately kill a god, and Thor saw him trying to drink it.

Thor succeeded in saving Loki, but what he saw after broke his heart. He plucked hard on Loki sleeve to prevent his hand from putting that thing into his mouth, and that resulted in his sleeve gotten ripped off. And there were scars, spreading all over his wrist, the new ones heaping on the olds.

"What is this?" Thor tugged Loki's arm, causing him to groan in pain. Thor couldn't help it though, it wounded him seeing the ugly scars on that precious wrist of Loki's. "Tell me you didn't do this to yourself." His voice filled with anger. His blue eyes gazed all over Loki, hopelessly finding a clue for his questions.

"You hang out with your Midgardian companion quite a lot. I supposed you should know well enough about this." Loki jeeringly said. "But if you have been ignorant, I assume I will have to explain it to you." Then, he started telling Thor about his story. About how he wanted to cut off the arm that was touched by that Frost Giant years ago when he hadn't found out his true race. Looking at the situation, clearly, he didn't succeed. But he felt something. Something that eased the pain in his heart. He looked at the dagger he was holding, his blood was on it, dripping down onto the cold floor. One slit, and another, and before he realised it, wounds had covered his wrist and his blood streamed down, stained the rug under his feet with alluring crimson colour. He heaved out a heavy sigh, a sense of relief run through his entire body. He became addicted to it ever since.

"The dagger you used to stab me?" Thor asked, then realised how witless the question was. Of course, it was those daggers, Loki had no access to any other weapon than his trusted little friend. They were small, but easy to control, and could slash on god's flesh. "But... Why?"

"I believe I explained it clearly enough for you." Loki smirked.

"I mean, if it started from that day after Jotunheim, it has to be years of you doing this." Thor sounded confused, compassionated, and so worried. "Why didn't you say a word to me?"

Loki pulled out the daggers, hold them in both his hands. "You see, it will always be easier this way." He said, then cut a deep cut into his skin. The God of Thunder wasn't fast enough to stop him, and he was too shocked, so he kept standing there and looking at the newest wound on the God of Mischief. "I do this accordingly, on both my arms. A slice from the beloved daggers I always keep by me is faster than looking for help from a great person too busy being king." And Thor had seen it all, how Loki injured himself and letting it bleed freely. He could survive until this day when losing that much blood at a time for many times. Thankfully he was a god.

Thor, without a word, run over to Loki and hugged the god by his strong, steady arms. He could feel it, Loki's body trembled in his embrace. Loki was never as strong as how he acted. Thor knew, but never done anything about it, and he was blaming himself. For the first time he could remember, he shed a tear, for his dearly brother.

"To think of it, there would be more scars on me now, or I could have been dead if you didn't do what you did." Loki breathed in some freezing fresh air, it filled his lung with a restful touch.

"That is why I love doing this often." Thor chuckled. Loki seemed to get bored of playing with his own hair, so he reached up and tug a strain of Thor's blond hair. "I have to make sure that this flawless of a body take back all its glory."

"You cannot be there for me all the time. What if I feel the need to do it again when you are off-world?" Loki shivered when Thor's fingers stroked on his scars. He had his own concerns. After all those years, it had become a harmful reliever of his.

"Then, I need to carve this feeling into your soul. Remember that at the end of the day, my embraces are always ready for you. And, only you." Thor softly said. He put his arms around the slender body on his lap, and pull it into a right hug. It was so right yet so careful, Loki could felt all the affection he never thought he deserved.

Loki shrugged his shoulder. He snuggled up to his guard even more. After all, he had to carve it in his soul. He had to remember, there was still someone that cared for him. He had to, for his own sake.