Day 6: If I Were Loki

It is like a fundamental thing in every party of Thor's, to make fun of Loki. Whether it is a war-winning party, birthday celebration, etc, he always has something to say about his little brother. Nothing good, obviously, since praising Loki can't make anyone laugh, and the Mighty Thor wants his party to be amusing. We always know that there are many ways to host a successful party, but Thor doesn't seem to bother at all, why wasting time thinking of something else when he can do the thing he knows everyone likes.

"If I were Loki, I would already injure myself fifteen minutes in." Thor uses the same format every time he insults Loki. His friends somewhat enjoy it, not only because they have the feeling of belittling a person, but also because they don't even like Loki. The thing is, all Asgardian know that Loki is adopted, and is a Frost Giant, and nobody here like a Frost Giant. So basically, Loki is being despised for no particular reason.

"You just keep letting them do this to you huh?" Sigyn comes over to Loki, who sits far away from the centre of the party, where all the "fun" is happening. "Even when they were not talking about me, I got mad sometimes."

"I can't think of a reason why I should make a mess out of this." Loki doesn't look up from his book. "Besides, nothing they said was made up so I guess I'm fine with it."

"You just got so used to it you can't even realise how much you hate it." Sigyn sighs, sits down next to Loki. "Or you can stay away from them, you know? They don't even notice your presence here."

This time, Loki stops his reading and hold his head up. He doesn't say a word, he just smiles. In a position like his, having someone that actually cares about him is heart-warming and he thinks to himself, I may only need just this.

But deep inside, he always knows it is not true. Every time Thor says "If I were Loki..." just makes him feels like he is a useless person. He feels unneeded, unwanted, and those feelings keep driving him insane. He wants to be strong, important, powerful just like Thor. He wants to be equal.

"You don't want my brother and me take all the glory are you?" Thor says to his mates when they discuss going to Jotunheim and fight. 

"What?" That shocked Loki, he was never a part of anything Thor's up to. This is the first time Thor includes him in. It feels... kinda nice.

"Well you are going with me, right?" Thor glances.

"Yes of course..."

"Only when I can come too." Sigyn walks out of a corner. "It's both of us, or none."

Loki looks over to Sigyn. He feels like everyone has eaten something they shouldn't have, or else why are they acting so weird? Sigyn walks towards Loki and whisper in his ear. "There is something wrong about this. I'm not letting you alone with them."

They easily get to Jotunheim. Back on the Bifrost, Loki tried to be nice to make Heimdall open the Bifrost for them but it didn't work, yet Thor with his usual rude attitude could. They once again teased Loki and Sigyn wasn't having any of it.

"We can finish this fast, my friend." Thor depreciates his nemesis, and that wasn't a wise thing to do. As always, Loki tries to warn him but none of them listens. Eventually, Thor mistake has led to a disaster, they are all beaten so terribly, and they run away.

"Loki, maybe you can talk to them and this can stop." One of them, no one is free enough to notice who, yells aloud. "You are one of them anyway?"

Each of everyone there can hear it clearly, and Loki suddenly stops running. Sigyn is the one that stops right after him, and surprisingly, Thor does the same too. Perhaps because of their action that surprises the Frost Giants, they are no longer chasing. They just stand there and stare at them.