Day 8: Nightmares

Lately, Thor couldn't sleep well. It might sound ridiculous for a God to have nightmares, but that was exactly what happened with Thor. He had nightmares. He didn't tell anyone because he thought it was embarrassing, and he hated to admit that something could make him feel fear. One thing that absolutely concerned Thor was that he didn't remember anything except a shadow, then he would find himself waking up in the dead of night, all sweating and panting like crazy. Sometimes he thought his heart had stopped, and it was never a nice experience. It had happened for a while.

At first, nobody noticed anything, but it didn't take too long for Loki to realise there was definitely something wrong with his brother. The God of Thunder was not in the mood for anything, he became more grumpish, he could throw tantrums over small things, and no doubt, he looked unhealthy. What to say? Although the signs were barely noticeable, Loki had spent most of his life staying with Thor, that made him really sensible with any hint of a difference his brother could have. Also, he can read people.

"Brother, if you want me to help, you have to tell me about what had happened." Loki came for Thor, one more time.

"Who said I need your help?" Thor chuckled, but it was more likely to hide his confusion. His face wasn't showing any bit of happiness. If Thor was honest, he would tell his brother that he was absolutely not fine. Yet again, he felt that it would be a shame to show his brother his vulnerable side.

"Thor, I have been with you for forever, I can almost certain about every step you take." Loki patted his brother on the shoulder and squeezed it a bit. He didn't show it for the world to see, but he cared about Thor. It wasn't too much to say that he could do anything for his brother.

"Have you ever had nightmares, Loki? And wake up not knowing what was it?" Thor slowly gave up fighting in his head, he turned around to look at the dark hair God. He knew Loki loved him, there was no other reason he would trust the God of Mischief for his problems. Of course, he didn't need to say more than he had. Loki was a smart little fella and that would give him enough information he needed.

Loki was a bit shocked hearing Thor's problem. It must be bad being him, he represented courage and strength. There was no way on Earth Thor could tell a person in this kingdom that he was scared of something in his head at midnight. "Well, I am not sure that I can do much about it. We don't know precisely what your problem is. But I will try and to do that, I will stay for the night."

Thor suddenly felt a little strange. Not that they had never slept in the same bed, but it was... a thousand years ago. They had been little kids, but when they grew up, there wasn't enough space on one bed so Loki moved to another room. 

The weird feeling of Thor's didn't last long. Later that night, while Thor prepared to sleep, Loki walked in and sat on a little chair that he dragged to the bed.

"What are you doing?" Thor looked a bit lost seeing Loki wouldn't join him on the bed.

"Tracking your sleep, what else. Too bad you can't remember, otherwise it would be more simple for me to handle this." Loki put his feather pen and note on the table. And no, he wouldn't write, they wrote themselves. All Loki needed was thinking and a little magic trick.

Thor let that slide, he lay down and tried closing his eyes. But it was harder when he realised he would have not only nightmare, but also a person watching him being afraid and stuff. Thor kept turning over the sides of the bed, but it was not helping.

"Hey, brother, let talk about something." Thor stopped trying after a while. "You might not be getting anything useful tonight." Thor sat up, gestured for Loki to come sit next to him on the bed.

It had been too long since either of them had a late night conversation. They talked about many stupid things happened in their lives, things that they were both familiar with because, indeed, they were raised together. They had played together, fought together. Basically, they had been together ever since they were born. Anyways, they were different people with different perspectives, so this kind of conversation had never bored them.

"You know, I think it was funny that time..." Thor stopped suddenly sensing the weight on his shoulder from the side Loki was sitting. He tilted his head aside slightly to see Loki had already dozed off. He chuckled. One of the things about Loki was that he had never fallen asleep before Thor. The table had flipped, huh?

Taking a closer look, Thor started admiring Loki sleeping face. Speaking of it, he had never seen Loki sleep before. He was always the one couldn't help it first, and also the one overslept. This was the first time Loki slept before Thor. He laid his brother on the bed, giving him a better point of view of this beauty. Loki had that well-sculptured face, and then that he was sleeping, he had less of a trickster and more of a mild angel tint on him. Thor had to admit that he began to like it. 

Loki woke up having an arm wrapped around his body. Shoot, I must have dozed off, he thought to himself. Looking at the other side of the bed where Thor was lying, Loki smiled. He looked perfectly calm and relaxed. But dang, the arm on Lokis body was hella heavy and he couldn't even move any little bit.

"Good morning, brother." Thor opened his eyes slowly. His voice was drawled. "The bed isn't too narrow for two, is it?"

"Possibly not." Loki stretched his body after finally successfully escaped from Thor's arm. "How are you?"

"Utterly well, surprisingly." Thor grinned. He felt good for the first time in a long time. He didn't dream last night, he was well rested.

"That is strange consider your state just yesterday." Loki thought for a moment. "You must be haunted or really stressed out."

"I am a God so the second option appears to be more visually possible." Thor didn't want to leave the bed. It felt so good to be this comfortable again.

"None of them make sense to a God." Loki smirked.

"But it happened." Thor was in a very good mood, he wasn't even bothered Loki's teasing.

"You might want to take a day off from everything and get yourself together." Loki stood up."Or do you want me to help you ask father?"

Thor pulled him back, causing him to fell, not on the bed but on Thor's body. "Don't you find it strange? My trouble was solved just because of your appearance."

"It can be explained if you were actually exhausted. Now stop being fool and let me go." Loki struggled to get away, he was weak compared to his brother.

"But we can not be certain, can we?" Thor didn't need both arms to keep Loki still, one was more than enough. "I need you here to assure that everything has become normal again." Thor made excuses, he just missed this feeling. There was something about the slender body on him that he loved being near. The odour, the feelings, they were all so right and comforting.

"Thor, you are not the only one with responsibilities in this family, I have my work to do too." Loki protested, but he didn't put much effort into it. Thor wouldn't listen anyway.

"If I can take a day off, so can you." Thor dictatorially said, he gave Loki no right to say a word.

Eventually, Loki gave in. "You really are a bad influence, brother."