Chapter 16

I hear mumbling. Everything is dark, warm. I slowly blink, opening my eyes. There's a blinding light in the room that takes a minute for me to adjust to.
"Elijah...?" I manage to get out. My vision is trying to focus on what's happening in the room and who's in it.

"Thank the goddess, you're finally awake." Elijah is standing at the foot of the bed. He's smiling but...he looks sad. It feels like somebody's arms are around me. If Elijah is there then...who am I laying with? I look at the face of the man who is holding me and...I have to blink a few times just to make sure my eyes aren't deceiving me. I try to shove him away from me but I'm too weak. I start breathing heavily, squirming to get away from him.

"Elijah get him away from me! Make him let me go, please!" Elijah does nothing but stand there, hanging his head down. Now that struck fear into me. He's going to let this bastard hold me, after saying he never wanted him to touch me again?

"Josi...it's okay..." I hear Darius's voice in my ear. I start trembling.

"No! It's not okay! I don't want you! I want Elijah!" My voice cracks, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Josi but that isn't possible..." the asshole with his arms around me says softly.

"Why?! Why can't I be with him?! He's my mate!" I shove his chest again.

"You are mine, Josilus! You are carrying my child!" My heart drops to my stomach. I probably look like I've just seen a ghost.

"That's...that's not possible...we..."

"Josilus, you were in a coma for 3 days until you woke up and came straight to me in your wolf form. We mated."

"No...no, this can't be happening!"

"It already has. After we mated you passed out for another 2 weeks...like you did with Elijah but that is my baby. "

"No! No this wasn't supposed to happen! I'm not supposed to be with you!"

"I'm sorry Josi...you don't have a choice..." Elijah says. I can literally hear how sad he is.

"You're going to come home with me, Josi. We are going to raise this baby together."

"Please tell me this is just some really bad nightmare! I don't want to go! I don't want to!!!" I'm officially hysterical, thrashing, screaming and crying. This has to be a dream! this has to be a dream! I keep telling myself but it's to no avail...this is my reality now. Darius is my mate... how did this happen? I have no memory of ever going to Darius and...mating with him. I'm disgusted even by the thought...once mates are pregnant, they can't be rejected so...It's too late...I'm stuck. I calm down after coming to that realization. After some time, I take a few moments to breathe.
"C-can Elijah and I at least have visits...?"

"No. Only your sister and father. No one else."

"B-But-"

"I said no!" He yells in my face, causing me to just sob again. He sighs.

"Don't cry...it's time to go home." He glares at Elijah before picking me up and carrying me out. My eyes are glued to Elijah until he's out of my vision. This wasn't how it's supposed to be...Elijah and I were going to get our "happily ever after"...why did that change?

Darius takes me to my room, gently setting me down at the door.
"I'll help you pack your things."

"You stay away from me! I'll do it myself." I walk inside, slamming the door behind me, only for it to be opened right back up with force. He stomps straight to me and grabs me tight by my neck.

"Slam a door in my face one more time and I will break a bone, do you understand?" He sternly whispers in my ear, causing me to tear up as I'm unable to breathe at the moment. Im barely able to even nod in compliance. As much as I hate that this baby is his...it's still my baby. I want to protect it. He lets go of my neck and I gasp for air,  quickly grabbing my suitcase and putting clothes into it. I uncontrollably start sobbing and I can't even stop. Everything hurts...After that, he then takes me to say a somber goodbye to my family before getting into his car and driving to the Clint Wood Pack.