A misunderstood misunderstanding

(A/N I recommend listening to the song ablove while reading)
~Hanna's POV~
  I walked into the high school I once dreaded almost happy to see what's to come of today. Yesterday when I was with Benjamin it almost felt as if we were friends. Like I finally found someone who understood me. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. I smile to myself while walking through the hall. I spotted Benjamin not too far ahead of me talking to his friends. "Hey Benjamin" I said as I approached him. "Uh hey?" He said. I gave him a confused look. "I don't understand how one second you can be this goofy guy and the next you are tough and menacing" I say frustrated. "Is this about yesterday? Look just because I apologized to you and all doesn't mean we are friends ok nerd?" He said coldly. His friends looked shocked at his remark. "Oh-" was all I could mutter our before walking away in tears. I practically ran to the women's restroom and locked myself in a stall. What was I thinking of course he isn't friends with me. He's popular and I'm well not. You know what if he wants to play this way, then game on Benjamin Clay.
~Benjamin's POV~
"Dude don't you think that was a little harsh? She just walked away in tears." Said Max. I sighed thinking to myself. He's right that was harsh. Hanna actually seemed kind of cool yesterday, but I can't let her into my life just to watch her walk right back out. Pushing her away is the best option. Honestly it hurts to hurt her like this, but it will keep us both from destruction in the long run. maybe I should at least apologize for being so rude. "Yeah you are right that was harsh, but she's a nerd so she deserves it" I said covering the truth. "Benjamin are you okay? You haven't been much like yourself since..." I cut him off "Danny don't finish that sentence. I'm fine." I assure him. *bell rings*As I make my way to class all I can think of is Hanna.
*after class*
I spot Hanna standing near her locker in the hallway and decide that this might be a good time to apologize for earlier.
~Hanna's POV~
I see Benjamin walking toward me in the hall and decide that this is the perfect time to layout my plan. "Haha Benjamin is so fake. He's not the tough popular guy he plays out to be. Deep down he's just boring which is why he depends on his popularity so much. Without it he'd be nothing." I say making sure I'm loud enough for him to hear.
~Benjamin's POV~
   Hearing her say these things breaks me. I can't believe I was thinking about apologizing to her. Maybe Distancing her won't be so hard after all. Two can play at that game Hanna. But one of us knows a thing or two about pushing someone's buttons. Watch out Hanna you might've made the first hit, but you're about to get hit twice as hard.

(A/N I'm sorry I know this chapter is really short.)