chapter nine !

this chapter is dedicated to wavestoblame because it's her birthday! uwu

[ GENERAL POV ]

Finn grabbed [Y/N]'s arm and pulled her out of the Dave and Busters. as quickly as possible. This earned a yelp from [Y/N], and he just laughed at her as they ran through the mall.

"Do you remember where...Ayla and them were shopping?" He asked, out of breath since they were dashing down the mall.

"No? How am I supposed to remember that?" [Y/N] asked. He shrugged and kept running.

"Dammit, we're hiding in the lego store." He told her and then made a sharp turn to the right. [Y/N] almost tumbled over, but he caught her and pulled her into the store.

When they were inside, the cashier gave them a very strange look. Finn sighed and held onto the girl who was already in his arms.

She smiled at him. "We should build a fort out of legos sometime."

"Why not blankets? It'd be more comfortable."

"Looks like we have plans for tonight." [Y/N] said and Finn chuckled.

"It'll be our traveling concert preparing fort." Finn said, and then spotted the girls who were in the Dave and Busters with them. "I'm gonna call Malcolm and ask where they are."

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Malcolm's number. He put the phone up to his ear and waited for him to answer.

"What's up?" [Y/N] heard.

"Hey, yeah, um we ran into a crowd of girls and we kind of need to know where you guys are."

"Oh, Ayla took us into the Sephora because she thinks we should wear eyeshadow to tomorrow's concert."

"Oh, that sounds great." Finn said sarcastically, "What side of the mall is that on?"

"It's like left of the Dave and Busters." Finn nodded.

"Right okay, we'll be right there." He hung up the phone and took [Y/N]'s hand. He lead her out of the lego store and down the hallway in a quick sprint. She struggled to keep up, but he had a hold of her hand anyways.

Finn frantically looked around for the sephora.

Once he spotted it, he dashed inside and instantly spotted Jack. He took [Y/N] behind a shelf. "Okay, I'm going to pick you up and throw you on Jack's back to scare him." He said to her.

"What if he drops me?" She giggled out. He rolled his eyes.

"Then I guess you're falling, c'mon." He picked her up bridal style and snuck around the shelves until he spotted Jack once again.

He rushed up behind him and threw [Y/N] on his back. Startled, he tried to throw her off, but she locked her arms around his neck.

"Jack it's me!" She laughed out, and he held onto her arms.

"Finn, I swear to god.." He chuckled, and Finn laughed at him. He turned to see Ayla swatching on Malcolm's arm. He laughed again.

"OH FINN!" She exclaimed. "Let me do your makeup!"

"NOPE—!" Finn ducked behind Jack's back and placed his hands on [Y/N]'s shoulders. "[Y/N], please protect me." He whined, and [Y/N] just laughed in response.

"You guys are no fun, can we at least wear glitter tomorrow?" Jack rolled his eyes.

"Glitter is cool, let's do glitter." Malcolm said.

"Dude, you're not supposed to agree with anything." Jack responded and Finn giggled.

Finn walked in to see Ayla helping [Y/N] with her hair. He smiled at the two of them, taking in the sight of [Y/N], he thought she looked gorgeous in the tiny dress Ayla had put her in.

"Hey, stop staring." Jack joked, hitting Finn in the shoulder.

Finn just smiled as Ayla looked up, "She looks cute, right?" Ayla had asked him and the curly-haired boy nodded his head.

"Gorgeous." He mumbled and Ayla helped her up and out of the seat she was in. She felt around for Finn and gave him a hug.

Finn hugged her back and she locked arms with him as he led her to their bus.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Finn was nervous to pop the question.

He waited until everyone had gotten their food to speak up, "So uh.. ahem." He said awkwardly, "Uh, we were wondering something, [Y/N]?"

"Hmm?" She asked, picking at her food.

"Would you be interested in joining the band?"

"Sure." Finn furrowed his eyebrows, that went smoother than he suspected.

"Okay.." And the table went back to silence.

"I told her earlier."

"AYLA!" The whole table shouted.

[ A/N ]
WORD COUNT — 771
UNEDITED

hi amy