Chapter One: The Traits

Oh my god! You GUYZZ! This story's at #272 in the Teen Fiction category! :^) 

---------------------------------------------------------------

   There was a list of preferable traits The Hustler would have.

   If she liked sports, she should follow football, and be ready to share Alex's love of the Baltimore Ravens. She would have to put up with hours of childish behaviour from all of them, and even join in on it sometimes. The Hustler would be fun, full of energy, and maybe even a little bit crazy. Uniqueness was also an important part of the job description, as were a sense of humour and being sensitive to Alex's emotions. She would have to be a fantastic people-reader, able to discern between Alex's strange mood swings, and know how to react to each one. The Hustler would be nice to Alex's friends, and not treat them like crap like certain other people.

   The Hustler would be a partier, but not to the extent that she got sloppy. She would also have to know when to tell Alex to call it quits after he's had one too many. Physically, The Hustler would be fit. Other than that, she would be the exact polar opposite of Sammy. She would have any colour hair other than black. She would have eyes any colour other than gray. Preferrably on the short side- Alex loved cuddling- but with great legs. She could have any skin colour other than what Jack described as 'Oompa Orange'. The Hustler would have to put up with being played hundreds of guitar riffs and sang thousands of lyrics, so Alex could get her opinion. She would have to understand that being Alex's girlfriend could turn into a full-time occupation, and would have to be willing to drop everything when Alex needed her.

   The two final rules were the most important; crucial, even, to the success of their mission.

        1. The Hustler would never, ever tell anyone that she was hired, particularly Alex. The only people she could discuss this with were Jack, Rian, and Zack.

        2. The Hustler would stay with Alex until it was mutually decided between herself and the band members that it was the right time to break it off, which would most likely be when Alex found a new girl that would actually fall in love with him.

   When Jack, Rian, and Zack came to the office to have a consultation with my boss, they were surprised. Although none of them would admit it, they had  been expecting some kind of dark, secretive pub or something. Instead, they found Brillault Dating Services, a legitimate business on the twentieth floor of the new high-rise office building.

   And instead of  finding an overweight, overbotoxed bottle blonde Madam way past her prime, they met Sydney Brillault, the daughter of the original founder, Walter Brillault. Sydney was a thin, beautiful woman with a pixie cut and a kickass smile in her mid-forties, even though she barely looked thirty. It was the skin, she always insisted. Keep your skin smooth, and people will never be able to guess your age, she would always say.

   When they were allowed in her office, after looking all three of them for less than a second, she knew they weren't there for themselves. Sydney was an excellent people-reader, something she insisted came with practice and long Criminal Minds marathons.

   "Welcome," She smiled, shaking each of the boys' hands. "I'm Sydney Brillault."

   "Rian."

   "Jack."

   "Zack."

   "It's nice to meet all of you. Now, where is your friend? The one that needs the date."