ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔬

song for chapter:
far-lil xan
highly recommended + put on repeat

saturday. 12:36am.

i woke up on the couch, a blanket covering my body. where'd joy go?

"joy?" i yelled out. i looked at my phone on the coffee table, a yellow sticky note on my screen: meeting up with a study group, won't be back for a couple of hours. see you later!

i sighed. she's gonna be gone for hours. i picked up my phone, seeing text messages from jin.

11:05am
jin: hey alex, you still asleep?
11:18am
jin: alexxxxx. wake upppp im bored. i need my best friend :(
11:25am
jin: jesus christ alex, you're so lazy
11:30am
jin: if you dont wake up, ima have to come over and wake you up myself.

i smiled and shook my head. i pressed the call button, the phone ringing.

"finally, you sleep like a bear." he said.

"well good morning to you too." i chuckled.

"oh yeah, good morning my ugly best friend, how did you sleep?"

i laughed, "i should be asking you same question."

he chuckled, "what are you doing right now? is joy there?"

"she's at a study group."

"ah, i see."

"and you? getting drunk again?" i asked. "very funny, i haven't had a beer since yesterday."

"wow, improvement." he sighed, "i hate when you're sarcastic. whatever, i'm coming over to pick you up."

"where are we going?" i asked. "i don't know, we'll figure it out. byee."

i sighed. now i have to get ready.

i quickly went to my room and threw on a pair of jeans, a plain black t shirt, red vans, and white sweater. brushing out the knots in my straight hair afterwards.

i waited in the living room. beep beep.

i got up and went out the door, jin's car in the driveway. "hi jin." i smiled, "hey ugly." i rolled my eyes.

"where do you feel like eating?" he asked. i shrugged, "i knew you were gonna give me that answer." he sighed. he started the car.

"so what's the gang been up to?" i asked.

"the usual, drinking, getting into fights with people at parties." i shook my head.

"are we gonna be with them today?" i asked. "after we get something to eat, yeah. why? you tempted to hang with the cool kids." he joked.

i smiled. we ended up going to a diner we had started going to, sal's diner. the gang comes here on late nights after getting drunk or in a fight, our hang out place.