ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

song for chapter:
moonlight-xxxtentacion
highly recommended

i woke up in my bed, i was still in my clothes. i picked up my phone, 4 in the morning?!

i stood up from my bed, walking to joy's room. i peaked in, she was sleeping.

i went into the kitchen, sitting down at the table. did everyone get home okay? is namjoon doing good in the hospital?

i didn't want to call the guys, they were sleeping most likely.

4:10am
me: yoongi?
me: are you still awake?
me: im sorry to be texting so late. i just woke up randomly
me: but text me back when you get this
me: i just want to know if everyone is ok and safe. and if joon is doing okay in the hospital
me: i'll talk to you later ❤️

i put my phone down, rubbing my eyes. i sat there in the quietness. the sound of the tress rustling outside slightly because of the wind.

i looked around as thoughts and questions filled my head. just about the normal things i usually think about. my sister, the girls that were murdered.

thinking of different scenarios in my head as if things could've gone better in my life. but at the end of the day, no matter how much i imagine something good happening, the world will still be a shitty place.

you make the world better alex, you always have and always will. that's what rana used to tell me. but for some reason, i never really believed it.

i always felt as if i was just a normal person like everyone else, i couldn't actually see myself as the highlight of someone's day. besides yoongi but, he's my boyfriend so it's required that i'm supposed to be the highlight of his day, right?

rana always made everything better. she was the highlight of someone's day, my day. she always made my days better, even if i was mad at her for something, she always found a way to make me forgive her easily.

i loved her so much. i know that sister's don't really have a good relationship sometimes but, me and her did. we were best friends.

all i had was seokjin and her at that time. but other than that, i had no one, just shitty parents who "wanted better for me."

"so he broke up with me." rana slumped down in the chair.

i chuckled, "i told you but, you don't listen."

she sighed, "well, at least it didn't affect me all that much. besides he was a drag anyways. he obviously didn't know the meaning of quality time. and he said i was the one with relationship problems. pathetic."

i smiled, "i don't see why you go for these raunchy ass guys when you are capable of finding someone that is better."

she shrugged, "i know, i know it's just, it's hard to find guys like that sometimes you know?"

"i guess." i said.

"would you let me date seokjin?"

"what kind of question is that?"

"hypothetically!"

"i mean, it would be weird if my sister and best friend were dating," i sighed. "but, if you find a guy in the next two years, you can have seokjin." i laughed.

"really?" she smiled.

"i mean i guess."

"you guess?"

i sighed, "i guess you guys would be a cute couple, i don't know."

she smiled, "you're so adorable little sis."

i rolled my eyes. "you know, seokjin and you could..."

i choked, "he's older than me. and he's like my brother, i couldn't see myself with him. that'd be weird."

she chuckled, "you guys would be so cute!"

i rolled my eyes, "shut up."

she smiled.

what would i do without her?

"alex?"

i opened my eyes.

"j-joy? what's going on?"

"you were talking in your sleep."

i furrowed my eyebrows, "what time is it?"

"it's 8 o'clock."

"in the morning?"

she nodded her head. i must've been dreaming.

"it was about rana huh?"

"h-how'd you know?"

"you kept on saying her name."

"oh..."

she sighed, "well, get up. the guys called us to meet at sal's."

i furrowed my eyebrows, "i don't know. they said it was important?"

i sighed, "what could possibly be important? if it's not about namjoon or the murderer, i'll stay here."

she sighed, "you never know. hurry up, let's go."

as i was putting my clothes on, joy called my name from the living room.

"what is it now joy?"

"come! come look!" she said as she was looking out the window.

i walked up next to her.

she pointed at the guy walking, "is that...?"

"seonwoo."

"why is he around here? he doesn't even live around here...right?"

i gulped, "n-not that i know of."

she closed the curtain, "we'll leave as soon as he's gone."

"okay."

•••

sorry this is kind of a short, irrelevant chapter. APOLOGIES