ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔈𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

song for chapter:
gasoline-halsey
highly recommended + put on repeat

i played with my fingers as i tried to find the right words.

"alex and seonwoo's date didn't go so well, joy had someone over so, i brought her here." yoongi said.

"what? what happened? what did he do?" jin asked. "n-nothing. the date just didn't go as planned."

"nah, he did something." jimin said. "alex, tell me what he did." jin asked again. "he just, tried to kiss me and i didn't want to. so, yoongi stepped in."

"yoongi stepped in? what was he doing there?" jin asked. "i happened to be at sal's the same time they were there." seokjin sighed. "i swear to god..."

"seokjin-oppa. i-it's fine. i don't know if i'll be hearing from seonwoo for a while." i sighed.

he sighed. "why are you guys here anyway?" yoongi asked. "well we brought the party here instead of our place." taehyung said. "yeah, booze and cigs." namjoon added.

"i'm fine guys, i just had a beer and i'm trying to cut back on smoking." yoongi said, glancing at me.

"what? hyung, since when have you stopped smoking?" jungkook asked. "since today. don't worry about it." they all shrugged it off, sitting down, opening the packs of beer and boxes of cigarettes.

"god, you guys can't smoke weed?" i asked. "i don't like the feeling of being high." jimin said. "yeah, it makes me feel weird." hoseok added.

"i mean it's fun getting high but, i wouldn't want to be high all the time." namjoon said. jungkook and taehyung agreeing with him. "i don't smoke that much anyways." seokjin said.

i rolled my eyes, getting up from the couch to open a window. i sat at the kitchen table, watching as they drank their beers. i saw as yoongi struggled to keep his fingers away from a cigarette. he grabbed a beer, sitting back, taking sips here and there.

i sighed. "so, there's this guy i know. said he wants to join bangtan but, i don't think he's strong enough for initiation." jimin said. "and why do you think that?" namjoon asked. "i don't know, he seems like a square. like he only wants to be in the gang to look cool."

namjoon sighed, "name?"

"soobin."

"soobin. hm, i don't know, it does seem like a name for a pussy," namjoon chuckled, the others following him. "bring him over. let's see what he's about."

"god, why do you guys do that?" i asked. their heads all turned towards me, "what?" namjoon asked.

"why do you guys have to beat someone in order for them to be in the gang." i said. namjoon chuckled, "it's complicated alex. it's to gain trust. you wouldn't understand."

"i wouldn't understand? i have your guys' trust right now don't i?" i asked. "but you're not a part of bangtan. you're simply a person seokjin cares about and for that, we must accept that. we must accept you." jungkook said.

"wow kook, can you sound just a little bit more harsh?" taehyung asked. "i mean it's the truth no?"

namjoon sighed, "yes you have our trust alex, but jungkook is right. you're not a part of bangtan."