ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢

song for chapter:
lie-halsey
highly recommended + put on repeat

"hey alex, nice to see you again." seonwoo greeted me as i opened the door.

i smiled, "same to you, seonwoo." he smiled back, "you look great."

i was just wearing jeans and a black crewneck, with a little bit of makeup on. i looked great?

i chuckled, "didn't know casual looked good on me." he smiled, "anything looks good on you alex." i blushed. "lets go?" i nodded my head.

"bye joy! i'll be back soon!" i yelled. "okay! have fun!" joy yelled from her room.

seonwoo led me to his car, "so, where do you want to go? i'll go anywhere you go." he said. "um, i don't really have a place in mind." he chuckled, "come on alex, there's gotta be one place."

"well, there is one," i said. "sal's diner." he nodded, "sal's diner it is." he started the car and we drove off.

we arrived, "hey alex, who's your friend?" hana greeted us. "hana, this is my friend seonwoo." she smiled, "nice to meet you seonwoo, come on, there's a table available." she said.

we followed hana to the table, "so what can i get you? the usual?" she asked. "please." i smiled. "and you seonwoo?" she asked. "i'll have the same thing as alex."

hana walked away, "so how often do you come here anyway?" seonwoo chuckled. "almost everyday. me and bangtan usually come here together."

"so this is your guys' hang out place?" i nodded my head. "so, i've been curious about last night, about your sister," i gulped. "can you tell me what happened?"

"you're a disappointment, alex." my mom said. "oh my god! it's just one bad grade! it's not gonna change my whole life!" i yelled. "you never know. it could change your life." my dad added.

"and how would you know huh? because you never got a bad grade in your life?" i asked. "yes, in fact, i was a straight a student. i never failed in life. your grandpa made sure i kept my grades good, that's for damn sure."

i scoffed, "well guess what, dad, you have failed in life. because you're one shitty person, you failed as a father."

my mom's hand met the right side of my cheek. i jerked my head to the left, holding my face.

"don't you ever, ever, disrespect your father like that. he has given you everything and you go and talk back to him. you are failing me and your father right now. go to your room, or else-"

"or else what mom? what are you gonna do?" i asked. "you know what, don't even tell me, anywhere is better than this shit hole." and with that, i went to my room.

i flopped into my pillows, tears streaming from my eyes. knock knock. "sis? you okay?" rana asked. i wiped my cheeks, "go away."

she chuckled, "you know that doesn't work on me." she came in and sat down on my bed, "come on, sit up." i sighed and did as she said.

she wiped the tears from under my eyes, i flinched as she touched my cheek, "i guess mom got you good," she sighed. "just don't listen to what they say, just let their words go in one ear and out the other."