Chapter 13

"I picture you in the sun wondering what went wrong. And falling down on your knees asking for sympathy. And being caught in between all you wish for and all you've seen. And trying to find anything you can feel that you can believe in." - Aron Wright

--xxxxxx--

The next morning they were all in the kitchen having breakfast and trying to formulate a sensible plan to get back into the underworld. 'The demons will have worked out how we got in last time, so they'll probably have guards making sure it's secure.' Katherine said.

'So if the bar is out of the question then we need to find another way in.' Amy thought for a moment. 'There must be more than one entrance.'

'There are lots of entrances.' Christina said.

'Do you know one?' Lisa looked at her a little shocked.

'No, but mum told me once that it covered the entire city. We just need to find a different access point.' She said, stirring her coffee.

'Could we just ask mum? I know she's mad at us but she'll still help.' Dani said.

'Mum only went to the one entrance, with Belial.' Lauren said, noticing the shift in Christina's body.

'We could ask Wendy.' Amy said.

'That's a good idea.' Lisa agreed. The television was playing quietly in the background and something caught Christina's eye as she looked up.

'Guys.' She said, pointing them to the television as she turned up the volume. There was a news report.....

"Twenty-one year old Rebecca Lewis was found at her apartment early this morning. Her body was burnt so horrifically, police are stumped as to the cause and investigations are continuing."

There were images on screen of a body bag being wheeled into an ambulance, and a picture of a pretty young woman on the screen next to it. Katherine looked to Christina who was staring at the television in shock. 'Who is that?' Dani asked.

'It's the girl from the parking lot.' Katherine said quietly.

'The one Chris saved?' Lauren queried. Katherine nodded but turned back to Christina.

'Chris...' She said gently, noticing the tears threatening to fall from her sisters eyes. 'Christina.' Katherine took the remote from her and switched off the television, snapping her out of her trance.

'Yeah.' Christina cleared her throat and stood from her seat, turning away from them.

'This isn't your fault.' Katherine knew what she was thinking.

'We vanquished the demon who tried to kill her, we couldn't have known they were going to send someone else.' Amy rationalised.

'Yes we could have.' Christina said. 'We should have. I should have.' She put her hands on her head.

'We didn't know it was a group Chris.' Lisa said. 'We thought it was one demon, who we vanquished.'

'Well we were wrong and she's dead.' Christina turned to them angrily.

'I know you're upset Chris.' Katherine said. 'But yelling at us isn't going make this right.'

'No, it's not.' Christina nodded. 'But I know what will.' She walked out of the room and the others hurried out after her. Christina took her jacket from the rail and pulled it over her shoulders.

'Where are you going?' Lauren asked her.

'To see Wendy.' Christina told them.

'Wait for us, we'll come with you.' Lisa said, still in her pyjamas as a lot of them were.