THREE

I was silently sobbing in my now empty room when the vent popped open and Aris and Thomas slid out

I was silently sobbing in my now empty room when the vent popped open and Aris and Thomas slid out. I quickly wiped my tears before either could see but it was pretty futile since my eyes gave everything away.

"Hey Rose, you coming?" Aris asked, I feebly shook my head, "not tonight Aris." I couldn't find it in me to go knowing that Alfie would be under one of the sheets. He nodded understandably as he gave my shoulder a squeeze. "He'll be ok." All I could do was nod. Thomas just stood to the side slightly awkwardly, "Um you guys should get going." I said noticing the time if they didn't go now they'd miss it. Aris noded and climbed back into the vent.

"Come on Thomas." Aris called out, Thomas hesitated he looked like he was about to tell me something but then he shook his head with a sigh and climbed into the vents. I sighed and climbed into Alfie's old bed trying to give myself some comfort.

The next day Aris seemed jittery he told me about the events of last night and I looked over to Thomas table to see him speaking urgently and then I saw his group turn to look at us as Aris was playing with his food. Janson came in with his stupid clipboard and began to read out the names of the victims for today. Aris gripped onto my hand as I held my breath in anticipation.

We both shot each other grins of joy once our names weren't called. My eyes widened as I saw what Thomas was doing. He tried to push his way past the guards who quickly stopped him. He nodded and turned around as if he were going to walk away but I knew that he wasn't and so I rapidly stood from my place.

I was right as he swiftly turned and charged into the guard. I ran quickly to try and stop him. "Why won't you let me see her?" He yelled as his friends gripped onto him I stood in front of him and put my hands on his shoulders. "Thomas what the hell are you doing calm down." I told him. "Control your friend." The guard sneered making me turn to glare at him over my shoulder. "Shut the fuck up before I take that gun of yours and ram it up your-" I was cut off when Janson came running into the room looking at us all.

"What's happening here? Thomas? I thought we could trust each other. You know we're all on the same team here." He tried to make sure that Thomas was on his side, "Are we?" He replied, "Thomas what are you doing he's just trying to help us." I hissed loud enough so that Janson would hear Thomas glared at me in confusion. Jansons eyes roamed over all of us, he smiled at me slightly believing my bullshit about loving this place.

His eyes narrowed on Thomas, "Get them to their bunks." We were all grabbed by guards and dragged away harshly. "Get your asses in there! All of you!" They spat pushing us into their room I didn't say anything though because I didn't want to go back to my own empty room. I slapped Thomas across the head once the door shut. "Ow what's that for?" He whined holding his head. "Are you stupid do you have any tact?" He glared at me, "Well what about you taking his side?" I let out a slight laugh, "it's called acting so that the rat doesn't get suspicious, but I may be wrong since it hasn't been working." Thomas's eyes narrowed not liking my answer.