SEVEN

I woke up on a cold concrete ground a flashlight shining in my face and to the boys and Teresa sighing in relief, I groaned in pain as I moved my arm

I woke up on a cold concrete ground a flashlight shining in my face and to the boys and Teresa sighing in relief, I groaned in pain as I moved my arm. Thomas pulled me up gently and put his arm around my waist to steady me, "you ok?" He asked me all I could do was nod in return my mouth wasn't functioning right, "Thanks shank." Minho nodded to me and my eyebrows furrowed, "for what? What happened?" I asked as a burning pain shot through my neck. "You pushed me out of the way and we got struck by lightning." He informed me and I nodded my head the memories coming back. "Don't mention it, it's all good." I sighed leaning into Thomas.

"What's that smell?" Teresa whispered clicking her flashlight on, a crank jumped out for her and I quickly pulled her back, luckily he was chained up, suddenly a whole bunch of cranks jumped to life reaching for us. Thomas's grip tightened as he pulled me further into him.

"I see you've met our guard dogs." A silhouette spoke as they walked through the mob of cranks, "you guys look like shit." She spoke making me scoff "I'm sorry who the fuck are you?" I sneered at her as she came into view, she ignored my question but glared at me "Come on. Follow me. Unless you want to stay here with them." I got out of Thomas's grip and began to follow her.

"Oh, my. Come on, keep up. Jorge wants to meet you." She instructed. "Who's Jorge?" Thomas asked he as we climbed some stairs, "You'll see. No one's come out of the Scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious. And me, too." She smirked, Thomas  gripped my hand as he noticed some of the men from behind us staring me down.

"Anyone else starting to get a bad feeling about this place?" Newt asked, "I do." I nodded "Let's just hear him out. See what he has to say." Thomas told us, in my opinion it seemed like a bad idea these people seemed sketchy, I doubt they'd help us.

"Jorge, they're here." The pixie cut girl announced as we climbed another set of stairs this Jorge guy, shushed her. "Quiet. Damn it. Do you ever get the feeling the whole world's against you? Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?" He asked and I looked at Newt beside me and then down, "Don't all answer at once." He said when non of us spoke up.

"We're headed for the mountains. Looking for the Right Arm." Thomas said making the group around us laugh, I kicked him in the back of the leg. "You're looking for ghosts, you mean." Jorge said taking a swig of his drink. "Question number two. Where did you come from?" He asked and this time I stared him down, "That's our business." I glared and then suddenly we were all grabbed and pushed down.

"Hey! Get the hell off me! Get the hell off me, man!" Thomas yelled as he resisted, "Shut up, you big baby." The pixie girl told him as she scanned his neck with something, "What is that?" I asked her, "You were right." She ignored me for a second time and passed the device to Jorge as we were let go. "Right about what? What is she talking about?" Thomas asked, "I'm sorry, hermano. Looks like you're tagged. You came from WICKED. Which means... you're very valuable." He chuckled.
His men began to advance on us and next thing you know we're hanging upside down over a big drop.