Cologne

Daichi stands outside Suga's house for a good two minutes before mustering the nerve to ring the doorbell. Suga opens the door too quickly, almost as if he had been waiting with the knob already turned.

"O-oh, Suga." Daichi chokes, flustered. Suga wears a cheeky grin across his face – he's dressed casually in a white T-shirt and black shorts, but his hair is perfectly styled, and is that cologne Daichi smells?

Suga scratches his head, his grin mellowing into a shy smile. "Daichi! Come in, I made tea," he steps aside for Daichi to enter.

Daichi studies Suga's face as he makes his way into the setter's living area. Suga is unexpectedly cheerful for someone who had missed school because of a headache. "How are you feeling?"

"Much better. You didn't have to come all the way here, really."

"I was worried..." Daichi sighs. Then, realising that Suga is eyeing him silently with an unreadable expression, quickly adds, "and I wanted to hand you the class materials from today. Nothing much happened, just revisions, since the syllabus, we completed it a few weeks back so mainly just-"

Suga crosses the room and gently takes the captain's hand in his own, effectively shutting Daichi up. "Sorry for worrying you."

Daichi could only stutter something incomprehensible in response. Just yesterday, you were so manly, and now you're a nervous mess?

"So... I thought about it," Suga says, as he intertwines his fingers with Daichi's. "If we're gonna be boyfriends, then let's do this right; I'll be the best boyfriend ever." He leads the captain to sit on the couch. Just one thing..." He sticks his lower lip out. "Can we keep this a secret for now? Just for now; I worry that it might be weird for the team, and Nationals are just around the corner..."

The sight of Suga, silver hair slightly obscuring his large, pleading doe eyes makes Daichi's heart skip a beat. "O-of course," he squeezes Suga's hand in response.

Suga flashes his signature smile, and there are those half-moon eyes again. He leans in and nuzzles his head in the crook of Daichi's neck, and there's the scent of his shampoo... and definitely cologne. "I can't believe this is happening," Suga sighs, his breath tickling the skin on Daichi's collarbone.

"That we're together?"

"Mm," the setter murmurs. "In retrospect, somehow this seems so normal too..."

Daichi understood completely. He pats Suga's head comfortingly. After a moment of silence, Daichi speaks. "Suga, did you put on cologne?"

The silver-haired boy bolts up immediately. "Eh?! You noticed?!" He flushes.

"Well... you smell different, but in a good way." Daichi admits.

The corners of Suga's lips turn upwards. "You noticed how I smelt?" He leans in again, eyes glinting mischievously. "Perv,"

"W-w-wh-what?!" Daichi exclaims. "It isn't like that!" He brings his hands upwards to cover his face, which Suga had brought himself dangerously close to. "Cut it out, Suga!"

Suga laughs and plonks back into the sofa.

God, his laugh sounds too damn beautiful.

"Suga," Daichi says, "Am I your first?"

Suga blinks at the captain. "First?"

"Y'know, like, relationship with a guy."

Suga nods. "Yeah... You?"

"Same," Daichi bites his lower lip. "So... how do you know how this works?"

Suga raises a brow. "Like every other relationship I guess... Unless by 'with a guy', you meant..." The setter gasps. "Daichi you pervert!"