Chapter 3

"Trust me Alex you are going to

like the school and my son " Melissa was way to happy for letting a stranger live with her.

"I hope so" I said quietly to myself

"Huh? what did you say" taking her eyes off the road.

"Nothing " I relied, she looked like she had something to say but she continue driving.

I wonder how her family is, she never seems to talk about her husband.

A few minutes passed and we come to a stop.

"We're here" it has a big house not that big but better then my parents house, it was brown and had two floors.

We got out of the car and headed inside the house. The inside was even better then the outside.

"Hey mom your home early "the boy said from the hospital. He had black hair, hazel eyes and slightly build.

"This is my son Scott and Scott this is Alex, she will be stay with us "she said smiling at the both of us. Scott looked at both of us.

"Okay..... welcome" he took his hand out of his pocket waiting for me to shake it. I did that as well, his handshake was friendly and soft.

"Alright now that we are all good, I'm going to make dinner and Scott can you show Alex the guest room" she gave a hug to Scott and went to a room which I'm thinking is the kitchen.

I turned to look at Scott he stared right back at me. I don't know how long we stayed but let me tell you it was AWKWARD.

Someone had to break this awkwardness "ummm if your wondering why a stranger is staying at your house, its just temporary just till I turn 19" I said so fast I don't think he understood me not even I did.

He just give me a smile "don't worry, you look like a good person and my mom seems to like you" he grabbed my new clothes Melissa bought me which I begged her not to but she is stubborn.

"Well come on before my mom gets mad " Scott yelled from the top of the stairs.

"Coming" I said walking to him.