Chapter 9

Alex P.O.V

I sit down on the ground and look over the cliff. I went for a walk at the forest and ended up here. It was beautiful. I could see the town from here.

After we had that heart to heart moment, we had a movie night till 5 am. Good thing it was Friday or else Mrs.McCall would have been mad.

I inhale and exhale hugging my legs. After a beating my dad would give me I would sneak out and sit in the park for hours. They never check if I was fine or alive.

"Are you crying bitch?" My dad grabs my hair so I can look at him. I shook my head spitting blood out.

"Little slut" my mom gave me a sadistic smirk before grabbing my arm. I try pushing her away but my father slapped me across the face.

She takes one last inhale of her cigarette and turns it off with my arm. I hiss in pain but I stayed still or else he's gonna hit me.

I could take million of kicks,punches and slaps but when she burns me it hurts more and the pain stays in me.

I felt someone touch me. I jump almost falling over but the person grabbed my arm. I look around and see Derek looking down at me.

"I'm sorry, I just saw you from afar alone.... Thought you needed company" he smiles moving me away from the edge.

"I-I-I Um do" I smile sweetly sitting on the ground again. He grunts sitting beside me.

We sat there in silence. My knee slightly touch his hand. He has his hands on his knee.

"How long were you here?"

"2 hours..... I was walking around the forest and found this place" I say playing with the sting on my sweater.

"It's nice here." I say looking at him. He smiled looking at the view.

"It's beautiful" he stares at me with a huge smile. His smile is cute and contiguous.