- 08 -

MEA

"I can't believe you got me out here in this heat." Raven complained for the 100th time.

I rolled my eyes "I needed some fresh air, Rae."

We were outside at the park down the street from Sandra's house. I needed to get out of the house after our little argument.

"When are you leaving my house Mea?" She stood in front of the living room TV with her hands on her hips. I moved over so I could continue watching the tv. She turned around and cut the TV off. "You heard me, girl. How much longer?"

I sighed. "I'm not sure. I may need a few more months. I'm still trying to get things together."

I honestly was in the process of looking for an apartment. I was even thinking about moving to another state. I just needed time to figure out my next move.

She rolled her eyes. "What you need to do is take Dominique back or find another man to move in with. I shouldn't be taking care of a grown ass woman." I refused to let any tears drop.

"I hear you Sandra." Was all I could say. She was right I am a grown woman now so it's not her responsibility. I just wish she would see that I needed some time. I just needed a mothers love right now. But I was a fool to ever believe that she could love me.

"Don't make me have to pack up your shit for you." She said before turning to head back inside the kitchen.

I got up from the couch and headed towards my temporary room. I couldn't deal with the drama of today. When I got upstairs I sent Raven a text saying to meet me at the park.

She arrived thirty minutes later. I was already sitting on the bench waiting on her arrival. I told her about the latest drama with Sandra and what happened at the mall.

"Girl, whattttt?" Her eyes grew big.

"I promise you, Raven, it had to be Dom's baby mama and child. Then you know how Dominique and Sandra is." I let out a big sigh as I thought about yesterday.

"Yeah, your right about Dom and your mom but how did you handle the situation in the store?" she asked.

"I was so shocked. I dropped my things and ran out of the store and that's when I bumped into Jarod. You know the guy from the movies." I said to her.

"Girl this is too much and wow you saw him that one time and now you're seeing him again." She looked over at me.

"Right and before Dominique came out of nowhere he asked me out on a date." A smirk came to my face. I was really starting to like him as I got to know him a little better. Also because he didn't allow Dominique crazy self to scare him away.

Raven dramatic self starts to fan herself.  "Whew Chile this is too much. Did you tell him that you were pregnant?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, he said it doesn't bother him at all." I was shocked myself when he said that. "But it's bothering me." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I mean it's just a harmless date," Raven assured me.

She was right it was just a little date but I knew Dom would definitely flip out if he saw us together again.

I looked up, stared at the playground area and watched the children play without a care in the world. I wish they could send some positive energy into my life. Since that day I found out Dom was keeping a child from me my life has been a roller coaster.

"I'm ready for my life to go back to normal Rae. I was just planning a wedding. Calling family and canceling everything was devastating. I didn't know things would turn out this way!" She looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"Mea things will get better. We don't know why things happen the way they do in life but it's a life lesson that you will learn from and become a stronger person because of." She smiled and I placed my head on her shoulder.

I closed my eyes and for the moment I enjoyed the peacefulness. Until I heard Raven say "Mea." I opened my eyes and looked at her.

She was looking towards the playground so I followed her gaze. There, playing on the playground was Dom's baby mama and son.

Why am I seeing them more often now?

"That's Dom son right? I remember the picture from Facebook. I know she's not about to walk over here," Raven said.

I saw Dom's baby mama whisper to her son and point over to the area we were sitting at on the bench. The little boy smiled and started running towards us.

He is such a cute little boy.

I prepared myself for anything. Maybe she doesn't realize who I am. She walked over, sat next to me and picked up her son placing him on her lap.

"Hello!" She looked at me.

"Hey." I replied back.

"You're Mea right?" She just completely ignored Raven.

"Ummm, Yes, I am. Wassup who are you?" I stared at her. I wondered what she has up her sleeves?

She smiled and rubbed her hands through her hair. "You don't know who I am?" she raised an eyebrow.

I played dumb. "Ummm, no I don't think I do."

She chuckled. "I'm Aaliyah and this is Junior. Dominique's son."

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"What makes you think I want something? I already have everything I need. His first son. Our man Dominique. What else do I need?" She smirked.

"Carry your ass somewhere with the drama. You're really trying to pop off in front of your kid. What kind of mother are you?" I heard Raven say besides me. Aaliyah kept ignoring her and continued to focus on me.

"I don't care who or what you have but I do know one thing...." I was getting angrier by the second. I started rolling my neck and pointing my finger in her face. "I'm not the woman to be played with so either you walk away with your son or I can knock your silly ass out. Which one?" I stood up.

I didn't mean to get ratchet in front of the kids but I needed to knock this hoe off her high horse.

Aaliyah quickly placed her son down on the bench and stood up. Raven stood in between us.

"Mea you're pregnant" she glared at me.

"I was just going to slap her up a few times. She's not stupid enough to put her hands on me." I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. I wasn't really going to fight her. "I refuse to let this bitch put my baby in harm's way." She better be glad I was pregnant because it would have been on.

Aaliyah laughed. "You better be glad my son is here. He just saved your life. You better watch out hoe because I'm coming for you." She picked up her son. "Oh yeah, and how's the baby doing?" She winked at me and walked away.

"Girl, you better walk faster before I beat your ass for her!" Raven yelled.

If looks could kill she would be dead. Aaliyah kept walking so raven grabbed my hand and pulled me to the car.

"We're going to see her again Mea. Women like that always have a point to prove." She was standing in front of her car.

"Trust me raven I will be ready." I winked at her. I opened my car door and got in.

She rolled down her window and  smiled at me "WE will be ready."

We both laughed and headed towards Sandra's house.