Chapter 9 - Does he know?

Chapter 9 – Does he know?

Louis' POV

"One more taste of your lips, just to bring me back,

To the places we've been and the nights we've had

Because if this is it then at least we could end it right"

I was emotionally smiling while playing the grand piano in the living room as Freddie trying to sing the new song that I wrote last night on my side. It was a heartbreak song indeed dedicated only for Harry. I loved him so much but I guess we really were not meant for each other. And though writing this song, I had to end this. It was time to move on.

When I hit the last key of the song, I heard my son continuously clapping. He was shouting and cheering for me. And I felt so proud of myself. I was happy.

"I love it, Dad!"

"You think so?"

"Yup!" emphasizing the 'p' sound. "I think it's a great song. I felt the sadness while singing it, but it's a genuine feeling of a person to the one he loves!"

I chuckled. "Whoa! Where did you get that thought? Am I still talking to my eleven-year old son? Freddie?!! Where did you keep my baby?" I joked making him giggled. I cupped his small face checking him up, looking at his nostrils and ears, and opening his mouth. He was laughing non-stop.

"Dad! Stop that! You're crazy! It's me, Freddie!" He moved my hands away from him but I continuously teased him poking his side waist as he yelped.

"You know, sometimes you're making me confused cos you don't act your age!"

"Well, that's me! Anyway Dad, I thought your songs are great! Just like what you said when you became an XFactor judge – That is the power of music, that you can touch everyone's heart!"

"What? How did you know that?"

"YouTube! And I thought you were the best judge ever, Dad. Better than Uncle Simon." He giggled giving me two thumbs up raising his eyebrows up and down making me chuckled.

"Aah! Thanks, sunshine!" Talking about being a number 1 fan, he was definitely an avid fan of mine. I was really touched by his manner of tracking down my past making me happy and emotional.

"You're welcome! So, what will you do with all the songs you wrote?"

"I will give it to your Uncle Liam. And speaking of the devil... The devil is here!"

"Uncle Leeroy!"

We looked at Liam's direction as he was entering the main door of the house. Freddie stood and ran towards him to give him a hug. Freddie was always excited to see him. And yes, you heard him. Ever since he watched our Best Song Ever music video, he called him 'Uncle Leeroy'. It was strange but funny.

"What's up, big guy!?"

"I'm doing good! Actually, Dad and I were singing the song that he wrote last night. You should listen to it!"

"Oh yeah?" He looked at me and raised his eyebrows asking for a confirmation. I walked closer to where they were standing and gave him a tight hug.