Chapter 13 - Silence and Sounds

Chapter 13 – Silence and sounds

Harry's POV

As Niall and I entered the music room, we were welcomed by an angelic voice of Louis singing his song, Home. He was sitting on the couch comfortably and strumming the chords from my favourite acoustic guitar.

We just leaned on the wall, not wanting to distract Louis. Niall gave me a thumbs up, indicating how good Louis was. His eyes were closed, feeling every word that came out from his heart and mouth. I could just stand there and listen to him forever.

Ever since in the band, I always loved his unique voice. Though there were times that he wasn't confident with it, I was there to support and encourage him. And now here he was in front of me, playing the song that he wrote, it brought all the memories how we sang our songs for each other on stage.

I was stumbling, looking in the dark

With an empty heart

But you say you feel the same

Could we ever be enough?

Baby we could be enough

And it's alright

Calling out for somebody to hold tonight

When you're lost, I'll find the way

I'll be your light

You'll never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home.

I was just staring at him like it was only me and him in the music room. I listened to the lyrics. My heart was now beating so fast for him. And as he continuously singing, there was something that hit me.

He was in pain. And it hurt me so much looking at him like that. There were already tears falling on my cheeks. I wanted to hug him that time. I wanted to shower him with kisses. I wanted to tell him how sorry I was, but I couldn't.

Then, I surprisingly jumped out by the sound of the clapping of Niall. Louis was now looking at me, studying my reaction towards the song. Since I already knew that the song was pertaining to me, he was observing as he wanted to know if I got the message of it.

So, I avoided him, by going to the mini bar of the room and pretending to be busy by pouring vodka into three shot glasses. I didn't want him to see my red eyes, soaking with tears. I took a deep, wiped my tears and fixed myself before going to the couch. I set the three glasses on the coffee table.

"You smashed it, Lou!" Niall said cheerfully who was now sitting beside him, giving him a side hug.

"Thanks, man." He looked down as if the pain was still there. He took the glass and drank it straight.

"Y- You sound great, Lou." I complimented him hesitantly. I wasn't even sure if I should complement him because it was a heartbreak song for me, so I decided to just praise his voice and song in general.

"Thanks." He gave me a small smile. "Shall we now start?"

"S- Sure!" I smiled nervously at him, taking the sheets from him.

"Have you studied this before?"

"I tried. But I thought, it is better to hear from you first." I wasn't flirting. I was just telling the truth. Wink!

"Okay, so you already heard the chorus awhile ago, so maybe let's start from the beginning. If you have questions or suggestions, you can tell me. I'm open for it."