1.

It was a start of a good day, students flowing out of the dorm building and heading to U.A. Some were quick to get to U.A, since today was a different day.

Students were asked to head straight to the auditorium without any other detail. All they knew was that it would be classes 1-A and 1-B attending. That wasn't good news.

Once Midoriya arrived to the auditorium, he was greeted by Todoroki waiting for him. It was loud in the room, hence everyone freaking out trying to get information from each other.

But after a few minutes, Present Mic, Aizawa, and the principal started the announcements. Everyone was going to be at a sparring arena at a different school for the day, and everyone was going to be split into different teams, and so on. But there was a twist to it. 

Instead of teams of two, it was teams of four. Two vs. two. And based on how the teams did, they would get a certain score out of 100. The teachers would be in the crowd, each paying attention to a certain student's technique using their quirk. First was class 1-A, then next was class 1-B. 

After all of the basics in the auditorium were explained, both classes exited the building, now in their hero uniforms. Class 1-A walked in a group ahead of class 1-B. They could just hear Monoma laughing and joking about how everyone would fail to someone else. How ironic.

"How immature!" Iida exclaimed, breaking the silence of other students. Mina laughed, nudging her arm into Iida's side.

"Relax, Iida! Don't worry about him. We're gonna beat that class' as-...BUTT!" Mina threw an arm in the air, followed by some cheering from Kirishima and a few other students, Denki snorting at the quick change in wording.

~~~~

After a good while more of a walk, and a bus ride later, everyone arrived to the said arena. People were gasping of shock and some were straight up not amused whatsoever. Midoriya constantly looked around the arena from where class 1-A was lined up in the middle of the place. Of course, already trying to find technique. Class 1-B was sitting in a part of the bleachers.

Aizawa walked up in front of Class 1-A, holding a clipboard in one of his hands, glaring down at it.

"Well, I suppose all of you are probably anxious to see who your partners are." Aizawa sighs. 

Everyone nods in anticipation, until the teams are finally read out.

Team 1 - Sero, Ojiro, Tokoyami, Momo

Team 2 - Denki, Bakugou, Tsu, Iida

Team 3 - Todoroki, Kirishima, Jirou, Shouji

Team 4 - Mineta, Midoriya, Tooru, Mina

Team 5 - Aoyama, Kouda, Satou, Uraraka 

Everyone looked at each other wide eyed, this caught a lot of people off guard. But really, it was quite expected of U.A., as Iida would say. 

"Now, everyone, get with your teams. Team 1, the four of you are first. Sero, Ojiro, one side of the arena, and Tokoyami and Momo, the other side." Aizawa spoke while walking to get onto the bleachers, along with the other teams. 

The four nodded, glaring each other down as they split apart and jogged to their sides.

It had been a few rounds later, and a lot of groups showed lots of progress with their quirks, carrying some matches on to be longer than expected. 

The matches were almost finished, with Todoroki, Jirou, and Shouji chattering and walking back to the bleachers with success, except for Todoroki. He felt guilt for his teammate, Kirishima. He was the one brought down in order for Jirou and Shouji to win. He was so easily brought down.

Kirishima thought he was doing the right thing, overworking himself in his 'rock form' to help his teammate. But in reality, they lost because of it.

Todoroki couldn't help but feel guilty, though. It wasn't any better that as soon as he sat down on the bleachers, he was mocked.

"So, your teammate was taken down, huh? You couldn't help a bro out?" Bakugou slowly scooted to Todoroki, smirking widely and laughing to himself from his own remark. 

"I tried my best, that's all that counts." Todoroki scoffed, lowering his head and placing his hands down on the bench he sat onto, clenching it softly.

"Well damn, it didn't seem like you tried hard enough. You scared to use your own quirk, huh?" Bakugou noticed Todoroki's head turn to make eye contact, his multicolored eyes staring into his red ones. It seemed like some kind of warning to back off.

"I said. I tried. My best." Todoroki spoke firmly this time, his grip getting tighter on the bench. He still kept eye contact.

"Damn, that's too bad-" Bakugou yelled out, suddenly grabbing onto Todoroki's body in shock, not noticing how close he got to Todoroki in doing so. 

Everyone else on the bleachers were shocked as a strong gust of wind hit them. It was so strong, it felt like someone could blow away. Some papers even flew from teachers' clipboards. 

After the winds calmed down, everyone sat completely still in shock, even the other class. As everyone was able to focus, the sight was shocking. It was team 4.

Midoriya was sprawled out inside of a ditch that looked like what a meteor would make, head up facing the sky. It was almost as if he was in complete shock, his body twitching while his eyes were wide open. It was obvious he had a few broken bones. 

After constant success, he finally messed up.

 Mina stood right on the outside of the hit zone, staring right down at Midoriya. She stood still, but a hand slowly moved up to cover her mouth. It looked like Midoriya meant to hit Mina, but instead he just barely missed, not even getting a hit on her.

"O-Oh my god..." Mina whispers through her hand.

Mineta wasn't even anywhere to be seen, of course Tooru too, it looked like it was only Midoriya and Mina there.

Todoroki quickly tried to stand up from the bleachers and help Midoriya on instinct, trying not to cry right then and there, but was surprisingly pushed down by Bakugou, being held by his arm. They were completely silent, until just a few moments later.

Midoriya moved his arms, so he could clench the ground.

"MIDORIYA! DON'T MOVE! HELP'S ALREADY ON THE WAY! RELAX." Aizawa alerted, standing up from his seat. It was as if Midoriya wasn't paying attention.

Second by second, Midoriya progressed. Sure enough, with one broken leg, he stood on his good leg. He still had strength in both broken arms. 

He slowly directed himself to look up to Mina standing at the edge, a forced smile slowly stretching across his face.

"Good...game...Mina, T-Tooru..." Midoriya's voice was raspy and squeaky, though in the blink of an eye, he was collapsed onto the ground once again. Passed out.

With perfect timing, two people ran into the arena and brought Midoriya to Recovery Girl's office. He wouldn't be alone.

For the day, everyone was sent back to their dorms.

On the way back, Bakugou tried to start a conversation with Todoroki, but instead he just sped up and walked away from Bakugou.