Epilogue

“We the jury, find Joelle Robinson, Aleesha Quinlan, Dylan Shaw, Ryan Shaw, Emma-Lynn Jones, and Kyla Moore innocent on all charges.”

There were gasps from the audience and the judge sighed and rested his head in his hand.

I glanced at the jury, who were all looking very stern. Three hoorays for the American judicial system!

Apparently, you can get off on escaping a juvie camp, stealing a car, and murder if you manage to rid society of a rapist, kidnapper, and psychopath.

The six of us stood outside the courthouse, unsure of what to do with ourselves.

Dylan’s arm was wrapped around Emma-Lynn’s waist.

Samuel could be seen walking towards us, carrying little Hayley in his arms.

Kylie and Mom were waiting for me by the car.

Trouble’s sister, Jenny, and aunt, Jamie, sat on the stairs in front of the courthouse.

And Zayn waited for his favorite sister, Ryan, with tears in his eyes.

Parker’s no longer existed. All the girls were released. Cassie went back home, much to her parents’ displeasure.

“Well, I guess we’ll see you guys later.” Kyla finally voiced.

We all mumbled goodbyes back to her and with a final smile; she turned around and walked off with her husband and daughter.

“We should probably go, too.” Dylan then said.

“Thanks.” Ryan said to me and no one had to ask what she was referring to.

“We owe you a lot, Joelle.” Emma-Lynn smiled.

“Yeah, I almost got you all killed.” I joked and they all gave half-hearted smiles. Then the three of them walked off to join Zayn.

Trouble and I faced each other.

“You okay?” she asked in her rough voice.

I nodded. “You?”

She nodded back, and using this as a goodbye, she jogged down the stairs and left with her sister and aunt.

I stood there by myself, still seeing all my friends and roommates that had just stood before me.

I smiled.

Then I turned around.

And walked over to where my mother and sister waited for me.

Author's Note -

Waaaah! You guys! :( It's over!
I'm not sure whether to be sad or happy! I just checked when I first started working on this story -
March 11, 2011.
Holy cow. It's been a year and a half and finally this story is completed!
Hope you guys enjoyed it, please comment and vote and fan; it means the world to me when I read a comment of someone saying they liked my story. :)
Just a heads up, I'm thinking about doing a spin-off, maybe about Trouble or maybe about Kylie, but I haven't confirmed anything yet - just saying, watch out for that!

Once again, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

Love you guys! :)

- Q.