Chapter 5 Another Attack and A Death

Draco and Harry found themselves catching one another’s eyes over dinner in the Great Hall.

They boy wished it would not make them look insane to just randomly burst into insane laughter, but it was hard not to.

Neither were really eating as after dinner they were having their own in Severus’ new quarters, and unfortunately for Severus, it seemed both Tonks and Remus were doing their best to make Severus feel welcome already. He was seated right in the middle of both and looked as if he would rather be facing one of Hagrid’s blast-ended skrewts.

He sat rigidly in his seat, knuckles white around his goblet clenched in his hand.

Just as they were watching, Tonk’s always exuberant nature reared its head, and she knocked her glass of red wine straight in his face and down his impeccably white button down undershirt.

Luckily, having not been the only ones to notice, Draco, Harry, and about all of the Great Hall erupted in screams and shouts of laughter and teases.

“Red  really is your color, Professor!” shouted an idiotic second year.

Unfortunately for him, he was heard.

With a glare then a smirk at the hour glass, everyone noticed all but Slytherins losing house points rapidly. About thirty points each.

Now that could have been bad enough.

Slytherin were only 5 points behind Gryffindor for the frontrunner.

Blaise Zambini, with a smirk of his own, walked up to his teacher. After a whispered conversation, Severus gave a curt nod.

Looking smug, he waved his wand a few times, muttering constantly.

With a silvery flash, Severus’ shirt was good as new, his robes even pressed and his hair combed.

With a raised brow in question, Blaise explained it was a spell his mother taught him to ready his younger siblings before guest arrived if she was unable, though he forgot the whole hair brushing thing.

With a curt nod and a sly smile, he glanced at the hour glass on the wall. Fifteen emerald stones quickly filled the top half of the hour glass, causing many cheers from the silver and green and even more boo’s and groans from the rest of the houses.

Now Slytherin was in the lead for the House Cup!

With a smirk in the direction of his snakes, everyone watched as Severus politely excused himself and left.

Harry glanced back up at Tonk’s who looked absolutely mortified at what had happened as well as what happened after wards.

Dinner is going to be fun tonight. Harry thought with a shake of his head.

*****

Severus stalked his way to his private chambers.

Half-way there he groaned and felt like hitting something.

He couldn’t go in because of the damage done.

Irritated and wanting to do something to clear his mind, he decided to keep on his way and instead go to his private lab.

He almost made a breakthrough this morning before he was rudely interrupted by a letter exploding as he was retrieving his potions journal from his room.

Then, of course, his enlightening conversation with the Great Deluded One about his new living arrangements.

He was about to enter, when once again his wrist began to warm.