Chapter 7: Son of a bitch

Elise Collins P.O.V

"Elise? What happened? Are you okay?" I heard him asking from behind the door. I chose to ignore him, wanting nothing right now but forget about my stupidity.

"Elise, talk to me."

"I have nothing to say to you, Mr. Walton."

"So we're back to Mr. Walton now? That's not cool. Tell me what happened. We were just making out minutes ago."

"Exactly! And why would we do that in the first place? I'm your assistant. Nothing but your employee. We shouldn't cross that line."

"Nothing but my employee? Is that how you see yourself? I wish I could give you my eyes so you could see what I'm seeing." He whispered surprising me with how soft his voice was.

I ignored him while I changed my clothes and went to refresh my face. I opened the door and found him leaning on the wall facing it.

"Mr. Walton, let's just forget what happened here. I'm still quitting. You can't force me not to. And I know you won't force me to work for you. You wouldn't want me unhappy." I smiled weakly at him and dragged my suitcase behind me as I walked to the door.

"I have already found you a new assistant, she'll be at your office tomorrow. As for the whole 'faking thing'... I'm not sure I can go through with it." His calmness was killing me. I studied his face but he had his poker face on. No emotions showing, nothing. I sighed opening the front door "Thank you again for coming last night. If it wasn't for you I'm not sure what would have..." I was cut off by the ringing of his phone. I saw his poker face being replaced by a worried expression. He motioned me to close the door and I did wait.

"Reid, what's up?" he paused a little frowning "What the hell?" he looked up at me "Sure, I'll tell her. She's here with me. Thank you man" he hung up and looked at me shaking his head.

"That sleazeball was stalking you for a while now. The police went to his place this morning and found a room full of your pictures, information about you and even items that might belong to you." He must have seen my disgusted expression because he paused a little before going on "He has pictures of you in the bathroom showering. The police suspects he had cameras in your house and want your approval before searching it. Looks like he's a wanted rapist, he has boxes of evidence in his house belonging to victims before you."

"Oh my god! Why do I always attract the weird ones!" I was shaking, feeling my heartbeats going crazy "He has pictures of me... Oh lord," I felt Zachary's arms wrap around me.

"Shh, don't worry, he's behind bars now. He can't hurt you anymore or even lay a finger on you. I'd kill him myself if he tries. Calm down baby please" he pressed his lips on my hair while rubbing circles on my back.

Baby? Now, where did that come from? I pulled away nodding "Of course they can search my place, I won't be living there anymore anyway so I don't mind. And I do hope he rots in jail for all he did to those poor women. Thank you sir for everything."

"You still want to leave me, Elise?"

"I'm not leaving you. I'm leaving your company, I've decided it's time to fly with my own wings. Do the things I love and stop trying to impress my parents."

"How would being my assistant impress them?"

"Oh trust me, getting the job as your assistant wasn't easy. I was put through many tests, plus they think I was just there to learn from you and probably ask to be a part of our company just as much as my brother is. But I was never going to do that, to be honest."