Chapter 22: We are family

Elise Collins POV

Aria called Amelia and as soon as she picked up "Hey A, you good?" she smiled at something Amelia said "Look I'll text you an address. Meet me there I have a surprise for you, oh and bring your mom too." She sent them the address and set her phone aside.

"How do you think they'll react?" she asked me excitedly.

"I'm not so sure, I mean, I know they'll be happy but I'm also scared they'll be upset I hid Helena from them"

Zach looked up at me as he turned off his phone and put it back in his pocket. "Who are you talking about?"

"We've invited your sister and mother so they can meet Helena. I hope that's not an issue with you"

"Of course it's not. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my mother. She called your mom pretending to check on her and letting her know she was coming and asked her out for coffee when she did. She was going to interrogate her" he chuckled "But then she heard you speaking in the background and knew you were here."

"I'm glad she called" I leaned in and kissed his lips.

"Andrew will fly over the day of the show. But I don't think I can wait until then to tell him."

"Maybe we could facetime?"

"Yes sounds good"

Aria picked up Helena, and placed her on Zachary's lap "Time for a family photo" she grinned from ear to ear, she looked very excited about us being back together. She snapped a few pictures and wanted to take more when we heard Ella Walton's voice.

"Oh this place is amazingly beautiful dear Alara, I love it".

She smiled hugging my mom before pulling back to look at us. As soon as she did that her smile faded looking at Helena. She opened her mouth a few times but nothing came out. I glanced at Amelia and saw her staring at us with chock evident on her face. I bit my lower lip before standing up.

"Ella, Amelia, welcome. I really missed you two..."

I was going to say more but was stopped by Ella who held up her hand to silence me and I didn't dare say another word. She closed the distance between us and looked at Helena with arched eyebrows, she could see the resemblance, it was obvious she was Zach's daughter. She took in a deep breath and turned to me accusingly.

"Is this my granddaughter?"

I nodded still biting down my lower lip. She seemed upset. I couldn't detect one bit of happiness on her face and it downed me.

"I really don't know what to say. Me, Ella Walton, I'm out of words for the first time in my whole life." She paused and shook her head "I understand you would leave him after seeing him on the news day after another, but hide his daughter from him? How could you Elise? I'm very upset with you right now. I can't even express how I'm feeling."

She turned to my mom who was standing quietly beside me trying to be supportive.

"But most of all I'm disappointed in you Alara. We've been friends for years now, our boys went to the same university, our husbands worked together now and then. She's a kid but you're an adult! How did you allow that to happen?"

"Mother"

"Not now Zachary, what they did is unacceptable, I wonder how you can just sit here as if nothing happened"

"Mom" This time it was Amelia who spoke cutting off her mother and walking to where Zach was. She took Helena in her arms and smiled "I think he forgot it all when he saw her pretty face. Look mom, her eyes are the same green as yours" I knew what Amelia was doing and I was glad for it.