6.

nothing works out how i want it too. ever. 

It's hours later, there's a psychiatrist in my room along with my doctor and the kid that 'saved me'

I blank out their conversation, listening to my own thoughts. 

At the end of it the psychiatrist and doctor leave but the other kid stays. 

"I never introduced myself" he says, sticking out his hand, "I'm Jax" 

I look down at his hand but don't shake it, I don't like human contact. 

germs 

"Abel" I say, nodding at him as he pulls his hand back, we both go silent for a few minutes. 

It's enough time for me to look him over, he's got skin about as dark as mine, bright gold eyes, brown hair fade with a messy top, he's wearing a bright yellow sweatshirt and ripped skinny jeans. He's not that bad looking. 

He notices me staring and does one of those coughs to break silence, kinda like Umbridge but not. 

ugh umbridge

I look down, and he coughs again so I look back up. 

"you're the kid who got shot at that school shooting. Aren't you?" he asks

I nod, biting back tears

"oh. Have you heard anything from your friends?" he asks

I shake my head, "I was a loner. So I didn't have any friends" I say, shrugging 

"Not even one?" he pesters, raising an eyebrow

"I..well..there was one person" I admit, my memory flashing back to lunch conversations and advisory periods. 

He pulls out his phone, "name?" he asks, staring down at his phone

"Talia Carter" I say, trying to peek over the top of the screen

His face drops after he types some, "she...she was killed" he says, pursing his lips, "I'm so sorry" 

My head starts spinning and i'm brought back to that moment. 

(flashback to the shooting)

I look up at the person holding the gun to me, then I glance out the open door. 

Talia is standing out there, a gun held to her head. She looks at me, tears streaming down her face. 

She closes her eyes for what seems like awhile then opens them, she nods at me but i'm frozen still. 

She starts to turn back towards the person holding the gun, then

BANG! 

Talia falls onto the floor, blood pouring from her body. Her eyes are wide open, looking at me. 

Silent tears fall down my face, and then the bang from the gun in front of me goes off. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know" I finally say, "I watched her die"