chapter two✔︎

Steve slammed Joey against the wall, smashing their mouths together in a heated kiss. 

The boy's bathroom was empty except for the two teenagers who were engaged in a heavy make-out session.

"I have to-ermph get to class," Joey managed to say against Steve's persistent lips. 

Steve shushed him, leaving wet open mouth kisses along his neck and tightening his grip on the legs around Steve's waist

"Steve, seriously. The first bell already rang and I don't-Mhm!" Joey moaned, tugging on the older boy's hair as Steve found his sweet spot.

The brunet smirked against the boy's neck and moved to attack his lips once more. 

Pulling away, Steve looked at the light haired boy's flustered face. A blush crept up his neck, his cheeks a rosy red. 

"You look cute when you're all hot and bothered," Steve said, Joey rolling his eyes.

"Shut it you." Joey kissed him softly.  

He pulled away, looking at Steve's smiling face. 

"What?" Steve asked, donning a cheesy grin.

"Nothing." 

Joey pushed back one of Steve's loose curls. The relationship of sorts had been going on since last year. No one else new about it, at least they didn't think anyone knew. It wouldn't matter to Joey if the secret got out. He was an outcast. If anything it would just cause him to be tormented by Tommy H. more than he already was.

But for Steve...Steve had a reputation to up hold. If the secret were to get out, Steve would face worse consequences than Joey would and Joey wasn't about to let that happen.

"I wanna take you on a date tonight."

Joey looked up at Steve in surprise. A date? Steve had never asked him on a date before. Hell, Joey had never even been on a real date before.

"A date?" The shorter boy questioned. Steve nodded and smiled, letting go of Joey's legs. 

Joey slid down so he was standing on his own feet, still holding onto Steve's shoulders.

"But what about Nancy?" Joey spoke, his ex-best friend's name laced with venom. Steve sighed and rested his forehead against Joey's.

"She's busy with something else." Steve spoke sadly, not meeting Joey's gaze.

"More like someone," Joey thought bitterly. 

The boy had nothing against Johnathan Byers. He was a good guy, a little strange, but good. His little brother was a close friend of Daniel's. The family had been through a lot of stuff in the past year with Will's death and all but Joey wasn't one to judge. The few times he had met Joyce she had been nice and friendly. She cared about her children more than she did herself. His mother was like that or she used to be. 

If anything Joey should thank Johnathan for distracting Nancy from Steve. (He kept that to himself.) 

Joey kissed the side of Steve's head and pulled away, grabbing his bag off the floor. 

"I'll pick you up at seven, okay?" Joey nodded, giving Steve a sweet smile.

"Oh and Joey?" Joey turned to a smirking Steve. Steve gestured to his neck. "You've got a little something there."

Joey walk to the mirror and groaned, "Really, Steve?"

   -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -