chapter eighteen ~steve✔︎

Sooooo I've decided I'm going to have two endings, one with Billy and one with Steve. I love my boys too much to decide between them and I think Joey does too. Enjoy!

-' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' -' - 

"I like this one too"

"Joey. No more. Please no more."

Joey pouted at Steve, sticking out his bottom lip. "But-but...plants!" Joey gave Steve his best puppy eyes, clutching the small plant to his chest. It didn't matter what kind it was, he wanted it.

Steve shook his head and sighed, defeated. "Fine. No more though." Steve regretted not grabbing the wagon at the front of the store, his arms were starting to tire from holding all of Joey's plants. His arms were full of at least ten- make that eleven.

Joey skipped up next to Steve and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, Stevie."

Blushing, Steve kissed his head. "Of course, love." 

Joey ran ahead to the next table and all Steve could do was watch in admiration.

After Joey had picked him, they'd started dating, keeping it a secret from the rest of their grade and parents. Only March, Billy, Nancy, and Jonathan knew along with the kids and a few select adults.

Since their graduation, everything had been going smoothly. No more monsters or mind flayer. No more fighting or demodogs or near death experiences. Everything was great really. 

When their senior year was officially over, Billy had left Hawkins to move back to California. Steve and Joey had said their goodbyes to the Hargrove boy and watched as he drove off and out of town. Billy called once a week and promised to stay in touch. As much as Steve disliked Billy, he couldn't help but miss him. It was weird.  

As for Steve and Joey they'd decided to stay in Hawkins. Maybe when they were older they'd move away. Maybe to New York or somewhere. But for now, they were content here with the kids and the woods. 

Steve got a job at Scoops Ahoy, a new ice cream place which had opened in Hawkins' new mall. He'd officially met Robin and March and loved both of them. He'd moved into Joey's house with the Dare boys, escaping his dad and the Dare brother's mother was never home.

It was nice to have a house just for the three of them. In the mornings, Joey and Steve would cuddle in bed for an hour or so and then one of them would get up and make breakfast. Daniel would hug each of them and say good morning. They were like a little family and Steve loved it.

Joey was working as a camp councilor for the local rec center and absolutely loved it. When he had half days, he'd come visit Steve at the mall and eat ice cream, of which Steve may or may not have given him for free. But what could he say? He was in love with the sweater wearing dork.

On the days they'd both managed to get off, they'd go to the mall or to the next town over for some shopping or just to have a break. They'd been to countless plant stores, thrift stores, and had plans to go to the aquarium right outside of town on their next day off. In August they were planning on driving up to California with Max and Daniel to go visit Billy. 

It was a little weird with still lingering feelings but Steve trusted Joey and Joey trusted him. 

As of now, the couple strolled down the garden walkways, Steve's arm ready to fall off. Sure plants were cool and all but did Joey really need this many?

Joey giggled and tucked a loose flower behind Steve's ear. "There. Pretty."

Steve gave him a pout. "But I thought I was already pretty."

Joey shrugged, holding back a smile. "Eh. The flower's an improvement."

"Why you little-" Steve growled and Joey skipped away, laughing.

As Joey walked away, Steve sighed in happiness. He loved this. He loved having Joey to joke around with and cuddle with. Joey was his counter part, the two fitting perfectly together. That perfect someone. Not many people met their someone so early life and Steve couldn't be more grateful he'd met Joey.  

They supported and loved each other, being one another's cheerleader. Sure they had fights but they always made up. And they were lucky enough to have so many people supporting them. They couldn't get married yet but as soon as they could, Steve swore he was sticking a ring on Joey's finger. But until then, this would do. 

Joey walked back over to Steve, hugging his arm and burring his head in Steve's shoulder. 

"Love you, Stevie." 

God Steve was so utterly in love with this dork. What they had was perfect and he couldn't ask for anything more. 

"I love you too."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This one was a little short but I hoped you guys liked it!

So,

Comment

Vote

Follow

Do whatever your heart desires!

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!