#9 : Kai & Lisa

Jennie's POV

All it took was getting to know Y/n before realizing how easy going she can be. For the past two weeks, our friendship has definitely blossomed. From the start, I knew that she was the type of person to make friends right away.

Not having to worry about there being an awkwardness between us has helped. She seems to be stress-free, meaning that she and Lisa finally solved their complicated relationship.

She doesn't stop by anymore, making work so much easier. I like that I can come in every morning and have someone to make it enjoyable. We have a few minutes before our break. Y/n helps our manager outside with some new inventory while I watch the register. The bell chimed, assuming it's time for them coming back, I ignore it.

I think back to when they were at the apartment. She didn't seem to be uncomfortable talking about love. Although she never said anything about her love life, maybe she's still not completely comfortable talking about it.

Our shift ended shortly and I say our goodbyes to Y/n. She stays for a bit to wait for Dahyun. She's a lifeguard for the kid's pool area. I make my way to my car, seeing a bright pink sticky note on the windshield.

My eyes narrow as I get closer, looking around to see if anyone here did it. In neat writing, the words,

'Don't mess with what isn't yours' are written on the note.

I crumpled it up tossing it somewhere on the floor as I get in. It's either a prank or someone being childish. Either way, I decided to ignore it and hope for it to be nothing. The only thing I can really do is nothing but ignore it. There's no name, no written threat but a bunch of silly words.

•••

It's been a few days since the first note was left on my car. That wasn't the first, I found one every day after work. There are a total of six crumpled up neon pink notes on the floor of my car. Each day they get better and better, warning me to stay away.

My parents called me earlier which helped distract me from overthinking. My sister and her boyfriend of four years are engaged. They want to plan a party for her in a few weeks and I told them I'd be there.

Going back to the notes, I tell myself that I will, at least get Rosé's opinion on what to do. First, we need a few things and I agreed to stop by the grocery store.

Making my way to the cereal section, I walked away from the shopping cart for a few seconds. I turned too fast, a hard body pressing into mine. Instinctively putting a hand on my very small bump. Thank God, it's not hurt. That person immediately apologizes, and I said it's okay. It just an accident. But, it turned out to be Lisa. Now, I felt uneasy.

•••

After my shower, I get ready for the day and grab my phone. There's already a message from Kai asking for us to meet in an hour. I reply with a short response ready to end this mess.

I text Y/n, knowing that she'd unknowingly make me feel better. We've gotten closer although I've accepted that I definitely like her, I've kept a safe distance.

Assuming that she's asleep when I get no responses, I decided to make lunch.
Kai has a long drive before I have to meet him, I have enough time to waste.

We agreed to meet at the beach, the parking lot surely being perfect for talking. Ignoring the bad feeling in my stomach, I park my car and walk towards Kai.

I lifted my head to see Kai, accompanied by a smug looking Lisa, and a confused Y/n.

Having the feeling of something bad, I took a glance from Y/n to Lisa. Kai turns to Lisa, his arms crossed.

"What the hell is this?" He asked. Her eyes light up as she claps her hands.

"Let's get this over with once and for all!"