Chapter 1

November 1st, 2019

"Order up!"

"Got it!" a raven short haired girl responded.

"Thanks Ryujin!"

Ryujin was a short black haired girl who works at a retro diner known as Rae's. The diner was old-fashioned with the diamond tiles and booths. Ryujin mostly works over the counter for the single seats but every so and then she will wait a table when her other coworkers were busy. The walls were decorated with pictures of people and various locations. There was also a jukebox in the corner. The only non retro thing was a flat screen HD TV hanging on the wall showing the news.

She's been working there for quite some time as she's very friendly with every single on of her coworkers. She was in her striped red and white uniform with an apron on. She also wore those paper foldable hats but took it off whenever she had the chance.

Ryujin brought the food she had just picked up and served it to the booth she took the orders from. The customers thanked her and Ryujin smiled back saying you're welcome. For the record, most of the customers come not only for the great food but also to see the star waitress's excellent service.

Ryujin made every customer feel good about eating here. Everyone loved seeing her cheeky smile and she was also very social. Any customer could talk to her and she would listen until you're done. She was a very friendly person that everyone loved to have around.

The front door pushed open and jingled bells to signal people walking in.

Ryujin looked up from her counter. "Welcome- oh hey Chaeryeong!"

"Hey Ryujin!"

Chaeryeong was one of Ryujin's long time friends. They knew each other cause they were neighbors until Ryujin's family decided to move somewhere closer to her mother's work.

Chaeryeong was a cute soft girl and it showed. She's very innocent like until she says something way off character but that's just because she's close to Ryujin. Otherwise this girl would be shy like a person on the first day of school.

Chaeryeong took a seat at the single chair sitting across from Ryujin.

"Make any good tips today?" Chaeryeong asked.

"Just $51, kinda low today." Ryujin chuckled as she checked her tip pocket.

Chaeryeong lightly punched Ryujin's shoulder. "Any other place would dream to get that tip."

They both shared a laugh before continuing the conversation. Chaeryeong leaned in and waved Ryujin to come closer.

Chaeryeong whispered and cuffed one side of her mouth with her hand, "By the way, did you see that new idol all over the news? Apparently, people think she'll make it big."

Ryujin inched closer and cuffed her hand as well, "Okay one, why are we whispering? Second, who?"

"Oh right." Chaeryeong leaned back realizing that they weren't talking the usual gossip they sometimes do. She spoke in her normal tone. "The new idol, Shin Yuna?"

Ryujin shook her head not knowing who that was.

Chaeryeong was shocked. "Really? None of your customers have come in talking about her?"

"I can't say I know who that is but the name does sound familiar. Maybe I have heard her name thrown around here and there?" Ryujin caressed her chin thinking about it.

Something about that name made Ryujin think. Shin Yuna. Shin. Yuna. It rolled off the tongue with such ease like she's said it before. Maybe she knew a Shin Yuna before? However, she would think she would remember someone with the same last name as her.