Chapter 2

November 2nd, 2019

Last night, Ryujin went through the other letters. The last one was dated 2013. It was like any other letter talking about what's going on in their life. Yet Yuna mentioned how busy her life has been getting cause school was picking up and she had more responsibilities.

One letter caught her eye in particular. The letter talked about meeting at Cherry Park on December 2nd, 2019. On multiple letters they were always talking about that day and even eventually Ryujin noticed they promised each other to meet on that day just to be extra sure. The letters showed how excited they were for that day to come yet Ryujin couldn't believe she forgot. In retrospect, it did seem a little crazy to plan ten whole years in advance but they didn't know better at the time. The meetup was within a month and Ryujin assumed Yuna forgot too. However, Ryujin wasn't one to break a promise so even if Yuna forgot, she promised herself to be there regardless.

Ryujin tried to remember who was the last one to write back. Then it popped in her mind, Ryujin wrote back last. She remembered how sad she was that she didn't get a respond back from Yuna. Could it be because she was too busy training as an idol? That was jumping to conclusions, first things first was to confirm if the Yuna on stage is the same as the penpal she had.

"Hello? Ryujin? You there?" Chaeryeong asked, as she was waving a hand in front of Ryujin's face.

Ryujin shook her head. "Y-yeah sorry I'm here."

"You sure you're good to to be at work right now?" Chaeryeong was slightly concerned because Ryujin doesn't usually zone out like this.

"I'll be fine." Ryujin said trying to cover herself up.

Though not good enough for Chaeryeong to believe. "What's on your mind? You've only got $22 in tip so far and it's already been more than half your shift."

"Slow day I guess?" Ryujin tried a lousy excuse but Chaeryeong wouldn't have it.

Chaeryeong crossed her arms and gave Ryujin a stern look. She rose her eyebrow which made Ryujin concede.

"Okay okay fine! It's about the idol Yuna." She confessed.

"What about?"

Ryujin told her friend how she called up her mom about the name and how she too remembered it but more specifically remembered her as Ryujin's past pen pal. Chaeryeong was shocked and she immediately jumped to the conclusion that idol Yuna is the same as penpal Yuna.

"She HAS to be the same person! For sure 100%." Chaeryeong said delightedly.

Ryujin slumped over the counter. "I don't know. I can't be so sure."

"Did you cross fact check her?"

"Who did what now?"

"Fact check. Like her profile. There's profiles online with facts about the idol." Chaeryeong pulled out her phone and looked it up. "Do you know her blood type?"

"Yes. A." Ryujin answered swiftly.

Chaeryeong stared at Ryujin. "How did you know it so fast?"

Ryujin rubbed the back of her neck slightly embarrassed as she said, "I kinda went through all the letters again last night."

"Wow. Okay. Well it matches."

"I don't know..."

"Oh for goodness sake, when's her birthday?" Chaeryeong seemed a little annoyed,

"December 9th."

Chaeryeong said what she saw. "Same birthday it's gotta be her."

Ryujin squinted. "What year though?"