Chapter 30

Before Vicky could answer Twinkle, the doorbell rang. Saved by the bell. Vicky thought as the tension on her shoulders slowly eased up. She looked at Twinkle before she stood up and went to the door. Twinkle looked down at the table and sighed. When Vicky opened the door, Star quickly gave Vicky a hug. "Good morning, family!" She said excitedly as she went in the house after hugging Vicky. "Oh good, you're awake, babe. Akala ko tulog ka pa eh," Star said as she gave Twinkle a kiss on the head, "Mmm! Bango bango! That's good, you've showered na din pala," she said as she took a bite out of Twinkle's hotdog. "Mm, sarap, sarap! Love, finish up quickly with breakfast, okay? Did you pack up like I had asked you?" Star asked, waiting for her daughter to answer. "Kagabi pa po ate," Twinkle answered quietly as she looked at Star. "Great! Good girl! Ang dami ko pang kelangan gawin, grabe. Super aga ko nagising to run errands, na-late pa din ako. Hey Vicks, I got your room in the hotel all squared away. I e-mailed you all the details na, okay? I got you a separate room, 'cause alam ko naman, you know, you and Patrick," Star said excitedly. Vicky tried to smile. She glanced over at Twinkle who was watching her mother pace back and forth around the house. Twinkle looked at Vicky. Vicky took a deep breath. She couldn't look at Twinkle now. Her heart ached. She knows Twinkle deserves to know the truth, but she felt strongly that it was not her job to tell her. Vicky turned her back against the mother and daughter. She was hesitant to warn Star that Twinkle might be on to her, she didn't want it to ruin the concert for her. She knew she needed to tell her somehow after the concert. She thought Star needed to be warned, she deserves to have time to gather herself before she tells her daughter the truth. After breakfast, Twinkle packed her belongings and got ready to leave. They planned on staying at a hotel near the concert's venue so that they wouldn't have to get so exhausted just by traveling to the concert. Star also made arrangements for Millie and Jackson and Vicky and Patrick, so that they too can spend the night at the hotel before and after the concert.

Star and Twinkle left the house first. Then Patrick came to pick Vicky up. When they were in the car on the way to the hotel, Patrick looked over at Vicky. He knew something was troubling her. "Babe? Are you okay?" He asked as he reached for her hand. Vicky shook her head and started crying. "Hey," he said as he pulled over. "What's going on?" He asked her again. "I think Twinkle's onto Star," Vicky said softly. "What?" He asked, still confused. "Earlier when she came out from her bedroom, I knew the moment na she got out, na there was something eerie in her face, like hindi lang sya yung usual days na down sya. This one, it actually scared me to see the expression in her face. Alam mo talagang may alam sya. Then when we were having breakfast, pinangunahan ko na, so I asked her kung anong meron sa kanya, bigla na lang nya akong tinanong kung how well I know Star. And it was such a random question. It threw me off. So I asked her ano ibig nya sabihin. She repeated the question, and it still confused me, so sabi ko kung ano man yun just say it. And she did. And it blew me off the roof to be honest. Nanindig lahat ng balahibo ko sa tanong nya. She asked me ano daw alam ko sa batang pinamigay ni Star. I have no idea how she found out, and I'm scared baka maapektohan pa yung performance nila bukas because something is deeply bothering her. You should've seen the look on her face, Rick. I literally felt it burn a hole inside me. Twinkle knows how to do that without even trying. She can melt your heart, but she can also burn your insides out. I'm just, I don't know, Rick. My heart is aching for the both of them. I knew someday kelangan naman talaga sabihin ni Star sa kanya toh eh. We even talked about it lately because of the amount of times all of us are slipping pag-dating sa tunay nilang relationship. And tama si Star. The closer they're getting, the more the truth comes out. Eh sobrang clinggy pa naman nila lately sa isa't isa. Kaya hindi ko masisi yung sinabi ni Star na naturally, nawala na yung thought na kapatid nya si Twinkle, and it was replaced with the truth which is na mag-nanay sila. For those of us na may alam na mag-nanay sila, it becomes more natural to see them as a mother and daughter nowadays because of how they have been to each other lately. I'm just scared, natatakot ako. Kasi okay na, Rick eh. Okay na sila eh, tapos ano? Masisira nanaman sila? Masisira nanaman yung relasyon na pinag-trabahuan nila? Lalayo samin si Twinkle? Sya naman ang iiwas kay Star? Mag-tatanim sya ng galit samin? I can see that happening. I don't want that to happen," Vicky said as she cried. Patrick pulled her into an embrace. He didn't know what to say or do. He stared outside the window. "Mangyayari ang kelangan mangyari, babe. Yes, some of it are inevitable, but ikaw na din ang nag-sabi, all of these were bound to happen. It was just a matter of when, where and how," he said. Vicky continued to cry in his shoulders. She knew he was right, but she felt like she wasn't ready. Star wasn't ready. Twinkle wasn't ready. Nobody is ready.