Bittersweet memories and new ones

Listen baby~

Ain't no mountain high, Ain't no valley low, Ain't no river wide enough baby~ 

I spun around and swayed my hips slightly , enjoying the music playing. I turned to him with a smile and I noticed the way he laughed while covering his mouth. I rolled my eyes teasingly and moved closer to him meanwhile holding out my hand to him. He took my hand in his and twirled me slowly. It was too good to be true right? The way it felt. The moment was really sweet. It felt like a dream, didn't feel real in the slightest.

If you need me call me~ no matter where you are~

I laughed as he dramatically dipped me and pulled me back up. He smiled- wow his smile. I could never get tired of his smile. I felt my face heat up from joy. I hummed slightly as I swayed slightly and bounced with my steps. From a distance Im sure we looked weird dancing, honestly it didn't matter in this moment. I'm just glad to be with him right now. just enjoying this moment.

Present

I sighed and skipped through the songs on my phone. Noticing the calm atmosphere here outside I sat on one of the swings in the empty playground. Of course it was empty it's already night. I pushed my feet into the air, moving slowly on the swing.

Listen baby~

"Huh?" I looked down at my phone and noticed the song playing. I shook my head and bit my lip as I listened. I miss him. No I don't. What am I saying. He doesn't deserve my attention or thoughts anymore. "Ughhh" I groaned at my thoughts. My head looked up when I heard footsteps.

Oh. Tamaki.

I took one of my earphones out and smiled in his direction. He glanced towards the ground when he caught my eyes. "H-Hey"

"It's pretty late, what are you doing out here?" I patted the empty swing next to me. Tamaki sat on the swing and nervously held onto it.

"Hm for a walk... what about y-you?" He moved his gaze from the ground to me.  "I just wanted some fresh air for a bit", I tapped the edge of my phone case while the song played.

Tamaki tugged his sleeves over his fingers comfortably and hummed softly. "I- " we both said at the same time. I laughed nervously and lifted my gaze towards him, "you were gonna say?"

"I..I think.." He chewed on his bottom lip and tried his best to pull his thoughts together. "I think ......" he covered his face from shyness.

"what did you say?" I asked curiously. I heard him mutter but couldn't exactly hear what he tried saying. It honestly was cute. like really cute. ok I'll shut up now. "It's nothing" he sighed and continued to play with the end of his sleeves. "oh ok well I was gonna say if you wanted to dance with me" I grinned as I noticed the shock on his face.

"h-huh?"

I stood up from the swing and put the volume of the music louder, placing it on the seat. "Would you oh kind sir please dance with me?" I said while offering my hand. He stuttered and glanced between my hand and my eyes.

"I don't know h-how" he stuttered. He grabbed my hand and stood up. "Well it's not too complicated" I said.

I placed his hand on my hip and rested one of my hands on his shoulder. I laughed as he tensed up awkwardly holding my waist. I intertwined my other hand with his free hand. "Like this?" he asked. I nodded and pointed to our feet, "now we can just take a few steps forward and backward if you want." He nodded and gripped my waist softly.

He got the hang of dancing quickly and we continued dancing until the ending of the song. He nervously placed both his hands to my waist so I placed my hands around his neck. "I would say you are a good dancer sir" I smiled in the comfortable moment. "T-Thanks...What I wanted to say was-" He looked into my eyes and for a moment he froze staring at me like I was the center of attention and I saw the corner of his lips move upwards.

I couldn't tell if it was just me or were we leaning in? I felt the warmth of his hands holding me close around my waist and there was no hiding the blush on both our faces. I felt the softness of his hair with my hands behind his neck comfortably. Oh damn did he always have those pretty eyes-

He leaned in more making our noses almost touch. "I really lik-" he half muttered. He stopped leaning and moved back a bit when we both heard it.

"What the hell."

I mentally sighed at the interruption and turned to see who it was.

oh.

  __________________________________

Haha sorry! Hope you liked it! Maybe I'll continue👀 who could have interrupted???? Feel free to comment or give opinions 💕

🌿