Chapter 4

No

Carson's POV

"This is the best day of my life! Thanks James." I said as I hugged him. "Do you wanna come to my house and meet my mother?" I asked him.

"Sure." he said with his crooked smile.

We walked back to my car, we got in and went off.

As I turned down my street, the sirens, the smoke, the screams. I got out of the car and raced down the street, James right behind. I looked at my house, flames shooting out here and there, soot on every inch, the firemen, trying to dowse the fire.

"No... no!" The whisper became a yell as I ran closer to the house.

"Carson!" James yelled as he held me back, he turned me around, his eyes, were cold and solid.

He embraced me in a tight hug as I sobbed into his chest.

"My... mother was in there..." He looked at me, then the house, then me again and hugged tighter. I didn't even get to say goodbye...

{}{}{}

"What am I gonna do James? I have no other family, my dad is in prison and my mom was an only child!" I sobbed as I paced around his living room floor.

"What about your dads siblings?" He asked.

"My dad was an only child too." I answered.

"Well, you could... live with me." He suggested, smiling with his crooked smile. Happiness creeped up on my face through broken tears, I hugged him with all my strength.

"Thanks James."

{}{}{}

I opened my eyes to a new scene, white and fluffy, like clouds. The sky was orange and pink with rays from the setting sun.

"Wow." I said out loud.

I heard movement behind me, I turned around and saw my little sister Abby and... my mom.

"Hi Carson." she said, putting her hand on Abby's shoulder and smiling.

"No... no! Your not real! Your just a figment of my imagination!" I yelled as tears threatened to spill, putting my hands on my temples.

"No Carson, I'm real, and so is mom, come here, give me a hug." Abby insisted. I hesitated, then ran, I picked her up yet she felt weight less.

"Your real," I whispered. "your real! Haha! Oh my god I've missed you Abby!" I said as I kissed her cheek, she giggled, so I let her down.

"Mom," I whispered as I turned to her. "I'm so sorry, I didn't get to say goodbye..." My voice trailed off as tears streamed down my pale face.

"Well, now you can." She said, her voice was soft and unreal.

"G... G-goo... I can't! Will... I be able to see you again, like this?" I asked while tears rushed down my face like a river.

"Yes, just chant these words before you sleep, see the deceased before my rest, so I can wish my family the -"

I awoke to James shaking me by my shoulders.

"AHHHHHHH! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE!?" I screamed, he started looking worried and concerned, then he bursted with tears along with his smile.

"What is going on?" I asked as he hugged me, leaving me winded.

"You were having a-a seizure, and screaming gibberish at the top of your lungs, but I'm so happy your ok!" I was speechless, I had a seizure?

"I... I was talking to my... dead family."

{}{}{}

I hope you liked it, bye!