Chapter 7: Enemy or ally?

Masayasu rode beside Ina, he looked at her face and saw a happy smile on her lips. She looked very happy that day, his mind trying to process this thought of what might have caused her happiness. Maybe it was because of the kisses they had last night. He smiled a little at the look of happiness on her face.

Ina noticed Masayasu's smile and looked quickly at him. She can not disguise a warm smile on her lips. Despite her concern for the trip, she was happy to see him well, riding up into so without complaining of pain. And she was even happier because she realized last night that he liked her, just as she liked him.

"You look happy."

Masayasu spoke with a faint ironical smile over his lips, his blue eyes fixed on her, so beautiful and soft, she looked more beautiful today. Was that about what happened last night?

"Yes, I am happy. I feel free traveling away from the house. And I am happy because I have you with me."

Ina smiled again at Masayasu, that was true, she really felt glad to be beside him, this trip was almost a release for her. She was far from the castle, away from Ieyasu, but she was with Masayasu, the only person she wished to have on this trip.

"Well, we're not alone, so maybe you should not be so happy." Masayasu mocked.

"I am listening this my dear shinobi. I have a good hearing, even here behind me!" Ryouma replied to Masayasu with an amused smile on his lips.

Ina looked back and saw that Ryouma seemed to amuse himself with Masayasu's words, she laughed a little and then looked at Masayasu and saw that he looked really better. After the scare when he was injured in the forest, his recovery has been quick, but he should not exaggerate yet.

"Well ... it was not the trip I thought I had, but having the company of the two of you has so much fun." Ina said with a laugh escaping her lips.

Masayasu looked at her seriously. She was having fun because of him and Ryouma. He saw it in her countenance and her cheerful laugh. Ryouma started to laugh as well and Masayasu looked back with a cold look on the mercenary.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked in a cold tone.

"Of you, my dear shinobi. Your bad mood amuses me."

Ryouma replied with irony, still laughing. Ina laughed again and realized that Masayasu looked at her seriously. She tried to stop laughing, biting her own lower lips, but it was a little hard to stop laughing when Ryouma was right about Masayasu's mood.

"Ah, now I understand, you just then against me."

Masayasu said ironically, looking at Ina. Realizing that she was actually enjoying herself, it was good to hear her soft and crystalline laughter. It was good to see her happy again.

"Maybe, dear shinobi."

Ina tilted her head a little to Masayasu's side and smiled at him, showing a playful smile full of mystery. Masayasu could not resist and smiled at her. It was the first time he'd smiled at her that way. His smile was beautiful, he had to smile more often, made her heart jump quickly.

The three of them rode until the sun began to set, they would still need another day and be in the river Ryouma mentioned. The heavens had a beautiful orange sunset with reddish clouds cutting through the sky. There was a soft late afternoon breeze, the night would wind up a bit, maybe it would be a bit cold.

Ina looked up at the sky. She knew that it would soon be night and they would have to stop to rest. She looked at Masayasu and he was riding in silence now his hand over the wound. Quickly she frowned. He promised that he would say if he felt pain, but his promise seemed to have been broken by his stubbornness.