Chapter 8: Many secrets

Ina was taking pieces of the onigiri and eating distractedly, but then she realized that Masayasu was looking at her. She smiled at him and saw that he had finished eating his onigiri, he must be hungry. She realized he was still staring at her in silence, then she leaned toward him with an amused smile.

"What happened, Otsu?" she asked in a whisper. "Are you still hungry?"

She offered her onigiri to him and Masayasu took a small bite, he could not leave her hungry, she needed to eat well too. Ina smiled at the sight of those blue eyes still staring at her. Masayasu could stop her breathing looking at her like that.

"Chie..." Masayasu grinned, he did not get used to that name. "Have you ever wondered what you're going to do when you get to Ueda?" he asked in a low voice.

Ina got a little serious and nodded slightly as she placed another piece of onigiri on her lips. She chewed and then swallowed again nodding, looking at Masayasu.

"First let's rest, this trip is tiring for you."

"And for you. I know, I see." he spoke and saw a smile on Ina's lips.

"Yes, I want to rest better and then prepare for Ueda."

Ina stared into Masayasu's eyes. She could not speak much since Ryouma was around and he could hear, but she knew that Masayasu had understood what she meant.

"When we're alone I'll tell you my plan..." Ina whispered to him.

"Do you know them?" Masayasu asked.

"I saw them from a distance, from my room, I did not talk to them and they never saw me. But I know their faces and a little of their manners, my father described each of them very much for me."

Ina realized that there was something in those eyes, but she never knew what it was. Would that be a concern? Maybe Masayasu was worried about the mission or about her, but once they got to Ueda and they were alone they would talk better about it.

Ina took a hand from Masayasu and placed it on her leg and held it while he looked into her eyes, if there was concern she had to get it out of him, as shinobi was not good to be worrying about her all the time, she knew how to take care, defending herself, and she knew he was aware of it.

"Do not worry so much, you've already seen that I'm strong and full of energy."

She let a playful grin appear on her lips and Masayasu smiled at that. It was true she was surprisingly strong for a young woman like her and had a lot of energy, if she had been trained to be a kunoichi she would have been a magnificent kunoichi, she has agility, strength and above all great intelligence.

"Let me guess your thoughts." Ina smiled, playing with Masayasu. "You were thinking how could I be a good kunoichi. Oh no no no! I do not know how to make a bad face."

She started laughing and brought a hand to her lips to try to cover the laughter. Masayasu laughed at her, she was right, shinobi and kunoichi were reputed to be serious or bad looking. And it was good to see her laughing like that after the last night.

Masayasu touched Ina's face, she immediately stopped laughing and looked at him. She found those beautiful blue eyes looking at her. She liked those sudden touches of him, every time he touched her, even in her hand or face, she wanted more and more. She wanted his kisses ... wanted to wrap herself in his strong arms and be kissed by him...her heart was rampant with love for him, she had no more doubts.

Ina had promised that they would wake up early and would follow the way to the river as fast as they could, but now her heart asked to stay a little longer with Masayasu, but she decided to follow his idea and then she touched his hand and smiled fondly for him.