Chapter 10: Ueda

Ina got up and looked at Masayasu with a smile. He could see that she was happy, perhaps because they would finally cross the river, he hoped Ryouma was right on the river, or it would be dangerous, since the current seemed strong.

Ina turned away toward the river to wash her face. As she walked looking around and saw that the morning was timid, the sun was weak, and there was a slight chill breeze.

She crouched down on the bank of the river and saw that the waters seemed strong, perhaps stronger than they had been last night, had it been with the wind? Or was it because of another reason? She looked around, even across the bank, and saw no one.

She then dipped her hands in the water and began to wash her face. Masayasu watched Ina for a while and also around, he wanted to make sure there was no one watching them. He spent the entire night napping and waking to check around.

Masayasu got up and went to prepare Haku and Mako for the trip, he had to make sure nothing would fall in the water. He did not know what was in Ina's trunk, it was not very big, but it was long, she must have brought clothes, but maybe something else by the weight, there are not only clothes there. But what would it be, besides the Katana she'd lent him for pretending to be a samurai?

He looked closely at the trunk, maybe one of her secrets on this trip was in there, he'd find a way to ask her. Meanwhile he started to fasten the trunk to Haku who seemed accustomed to the weight of the trunk, Ina was lightweight, so perhaps it was not uncomfortable for him to carry the two together.

"Handsome!"

Ryouma called and Masayasu turned to look at him while he was holding Ina's bow in Haku. He looked at Ryouma with a serious expression and Ryouma realized that there was a wall between them, it was difficult to approach that shinobi, he looked worse than everyone he had met, but he remembered that Ieyasu had some shinobi like Masayasu and then sighed deeply.

"Take fish to Milady, she must be hungry."

Ryouma spoke with a smile appearing on his face and quickly he saw Masayasu's face frosty as winter, he definitely did not like him. Another sigh and he lifted the stick with the fish.

"Are not you going to eat?"

Masayasu asked and saw a cheerful smile spring to Ryouma's face.

"No, I got this fish for Milady, I'm going to eat an apple, then I see what I eat on the way to the village."

Ryouma still smiled, even if he tried to stop smiling his crimson eyes still smiled at Masayasu. He was suspicious of all this kindness, and then Masayasu picked up the fish and headed toward Ina, taking a piece and experimenting. It seemed normal.

Ryouma watched him a little surprised, now Masayasu was thinking that he wanted to poison Ina? This was a cruel thought, he liked Ina and she trusted him, it was the least he could do for her.

Ina saw Masayasu crouch beside her and offered the fish to her. She looked surprised at the fish and then at his face.

"Is not he going to eat?" she asked.

"He said he got you. It seems he wants to please you."

Masayasu spoke in a serious tone and Ina smiled, touching his face. She realized that Masayasu was still a little pale from last night because the nightmare.

"I'm going to eat, but you're going to eat with me, do not forget that you're still injured and need to feed well."

She caressed his cheek softly and saw Masayasu's eyes meet hers. She smiled lovingly at him, then saw Masayasu take a piece of the fish and bring it to his lips. She laughed a little.