Part 6

RM

Khushi woke up at around 2 am and stretched her exhausted body. Eyeing her husband sleeping like a baby she rolled her eyes and wore her night gown.

Khushi "He even sleeps with so much concentration and a straight posture, weirdo!"  Leaning towards him she gave him a peck on his cheek. Covering him properly with a duvet she rushed downstairs.

~~~~~~

Grabbing two packets of Masala Maggie from the cabinet she filled the saucepan with water and kept it on the stove.

"Hi"

Khushi turned around startled to find Arav right behind her.

Khushi "Arav? What are you doing at this time of the night? Don't you have school tomorrow?" She inquired.

Arav "I couldn't sleep. If I may ask, what are you doing in the kitchen right now ?" He asked.

Khushi "I was feeling hungry. Making some Maggie. You want some?"

Arav "No thanks, I'm good. I just came to grab a glass of water for myself." He spoke as he approached towards the glass stand.

Khushi "I see. I hope you're doing better now?" She asked concerned.

Arav "I am....."

Khushi "Arav, she takes care of you right? Or is she-"

Arav "She looks like she cares, she really doesn't." He replied.

Khushi "Did she hurt you Arav?" Khushi asked panicked holding Arav's hand checking for any sort of injury.

Arav "I don't know." He spoke innocently.

Khushi's eyes turned soft "I'm so sorry baby."

Arav "I miss Asha ma." He whispered.

Khushi "Asha ma?"

Arav "Yes, she was the in-charge of our orphanage. All the kids were attached to her. Specially me. She was really sweet and everyone loved her. Loved us all like a mother. She was everyone's mumma." He spoke. Khushi noticed how his expression turned from sad to excited.

Khushi "Orphanage?" She whispered.

Arav "Yes, before I met her I was living in Smyrna Trust, in Ooty. I was an orphan. Then one day she came and adopted me. She told me that she was my mumma. She left me alone there when I was a baby. She said she was really sorry that she left me all alone. She said she wanted me back and that we, together will bring my father back as well. Then we'll be a happy family." Arav concluded his eyes were sad.

Khushi "And what did sh-"

Arnav "Khushi.."

Khushi and Arav froze when they heard Arnav's voice. Much to their luck, Arnav had called her from the living room. She sighed in relief.

Khushi "You should get some sleep okay baby? You have school tomorrow right?" Arav nodded. "Me and Anjali Auntie will pick you up from school. Then we'll have lunch together okay?" She spoke sweetly.

Arav "Cool...." Arav got down from the stool and faced Arnav who had just entered the kitchen.

Arnav "Arav, you are up?" He frowned.

Khushi "Yeah, he was here to get some water..." Khushi interrupted.

Arav "G'night ASR." He wished politely.

Arnav smiled "G'night."

Arav turned around to leave but then stopped. "Wait...." he addressed Khushi. "What should I call you?" He asked pondering over the fact that he never actually addressed Khushi before and now that he had befriended her he needed to call her something.