Part 11

Khushi grinned as she observed Arnav getting ready in front of the mirror. "Here you go," she said, carefully placing his coat on him.

Arnav checked himself once again, only to furrow his brows and then face Khushi with a broken button from his shirt in his hand.

Khushi chuckled, "Two minutes, and it will be done." She rushed towards the walk-in closet, swiftly returning with a sewing kit in hand. "See, it's done," she added, effortlessly attaching the button in its place.

Arnav encircled her petite waist, smiling. "Khush," he whispered, nuzzling her cheek.

"Yes?" Khushi responded.

"If you weren't here..." Arnav began.

"Then?" she smiled playfully.

"Then someone else would have been," he smirked mischievously, chuckling at her blank expression.

She smacked his chest, her eyes shining brightly. "Oh, I bet. No one would have been here if not for me," she said smugly, encircling her arms around his neck. "You see, it's not easy to tame the mighty ASR. One needs a special talent for that. Patience and an abundance of love to earn the status that I have. Sadly, I'm the only one who has that skill." She pinched his cheek.

"Yup, sadly," Arnav emphasized deliberately, earning a gasp from her the very next moment.

"ARNAV!" she screamed, making him chuckle.

"Okay...okay..." he gently pecked her nose. "Well, you are one unique piece, what can I say? My one and only who has managed to get into my stubborn heart and mind." He sweetly kissed her lips. "My most prized possession." He showered her with another kiss.

"Mmhmm?" she reciprocated with a kiss.

Arnav continued, "I can't even count the number of qualities my wife owns. I'll run short of ti-" He was interrupted by her lips once again. The kiss quickly escalated into a passionate exchange. Reluctantly, he parted from her lips and stared into her shining hazel orbs, reflecting nothing but raw desire.

"Hey," Arnav greeted.

"Hi?" Khushi whispered against his lips.

"Are you ok-" Arnav started to inquire.

"I want you," Khushi declared, and he chuckled. Glancing at the clock, it was around 8:30 am.

"Well," he took off his wristwatch and cufflinks, "Office can wait!" He muttered before capturing her lips in a passionate kiss.

~~~~~~

Anjali, in a cheerful mood, decided to surprise the family with her handmade special breakfast. Engrossed in frying puris, her phone beeped, indicating a new message. She unlocked her iPhone to read the text sent by her dear friend.

"Good morning! Just dropped your favorite cupcakes at the orphanage. Have a nice day!"

Smiling, she replied, "Thank you, Karan. So sweet of you! Have a good day at the hospital!!"

"I will :)" he responded.

Shaking her head with a fond smile, she resumed her cooking.

~~~~~~

Anjali placed a plate full of golgappas on the kitchen counter, eliciting a delighted squeal from Khushi. Dressed in a tea-pink saree with grey feathered borders, Anjali looked undeniably gorgeous.