Part 14

RM

Khushi and Arnav returned home in the evening to see a fuming Lavanya and Payal sitting in the living room. Arnav glanced at the duo before eyeing his wife.

Khushi "I'll look into it. You go fresh up."

He left upstairs not before greeting his sister in law and potential sister in law.

Khushi "So what's up? Why are the ladies looking like they're about to start world war 3?" She sat on the couch casually.

Payal "How was your day with Arnavji Khushi?"

Khushi grinned, "Overall, it was enjoyable, except for the episode where he left me in the changing room for what seemed like 30 minutes but was probably 15." She rolled her eyes. "On the bright side, the rest was good. Oh, and I got my car," she exclaimed, thrilled. "I'm treating everyone to ice cream tonight."

Lavanya remarked, "Cool! Something to be happy about," she murmured. Payal scoffed immediately, making Khushi frown.

Khushi asked with a bored expression, "Okay, so what's the deal with you two? Spill."

Anjali joined the ladies, "Hey guys, just came back after a long day. Today was amazing," she chirped but frowned upon seeing Khushi's bored expression beside her and the duo in front of her. "Did something happen?"

Lavanya exclaimed, "That woman is one big pain in the ass."

Payal added, "She hijacked my kitchen!"

Anjali clarified, "Who, Sheetal?"

Khushi scoffed, "That woman can cook?"

Lavanya explained, "Well, apparently!!!" as she banged her magazine on the coffee table.

Payal stated, "She's a pro at making Chinese food."

Lavanya continued, "Nani couldn't deny her. She had to give in, much to Mamiji's resistance."

Payal sighed, "She's been in the kitchen forever."

Lavanya added, "I don't know how she managed to come back home early today."

Khushi casually remarked, "Oh, kay."

Anjali laughed, "Lol."

Payal's eyes widened seeing her sister and sister-in-law being so cool about the whole thing. "That is MY KITCHEN, Khushi. It's our kitchen."

Lavanya commented, "That woman has no right to step inside the sacred room. What's wrong with you two? How can you be so cool with it? If I had the right, I would've locked her inside the pressure cooker and let her cook until it blasted-"

Khushi smirked, "Too bad we don't have pressure cookers, Godzilla-sized."

Lavanya replied, "Well, I can arrange one. Anything for you." She smirked back.

Anjali remarked, "The woman is clearly trying to show the family how good she is with household stuff."

Lavanya scoffed, "She ain't. I can do a far remarkable job, thanks to Khushi."