Thirty-Three

When they arrive at the shop, Alex gets out and helps Amelia out and walks her over to her jeep, leaning against it. Amelia looks up at him, biting her lip softly, with a small smile. He takes her hand in his, lacing his fingers with hers and smiles at her. He opens her door with his free hand and helps her in the drivers seat, unlacing their fingers.

"Got everything? Your phone, keys, the bag of clothes from the hospital?" Alex asks, caressing her cheek softly. Amelia nods, smiling slightly.

"I'll see you tomorrow? For our date..?" Amelia asks, biting her lip softly.

"Of course baby. I'll be there at 7 to get you." Alex smiles softly and leans down slightly. "Wear something cute, ok?"

"Hey, I always look cute." Amelia giggles and kisses him softly. Alex kisses back softly and smiles.

"No, you always look beautiful baby." Amelia blushes slightly, biting her lip again. Alex caresses her cheek then shuts her door and walks back to his truck and gets in. Amelia starts her jeep and drives home.

Alex drives back to his apartment, gets Addie out and goes inside where he changes Addie into pajamas and they sit in the living room watching movies.

Amelia arrives home, goes inside and heads to her room when Zach stops her in the hallway.

"Where you been?" He asks, leaning against the wall.

"With Alex and Addie. At the hospital. Addie was hurt when she was with her mom so I went to go see her and we fell asleep. She's okay, it wasn't a serious injury. Just kept her for observation. She's gonna be okay and Alex has filed for emergency custody of her." Amelia replies, leaning against her door.

"Oh. Damn. I'm glad she's okay. Alex was freaking out I bet.." Zach responds quietly. Amelia looks down, biting her lip.

"I um.. I went to see Dylan..." She whispers quietly, not looking up. Zach's head snaps up.

"What?! Are you fucking insane Amelia?! Why the ever loving fuck would you go see the guy who's in PRISON for raping and beating you?!" Zach yells, pulling at his hair. Amelia feels the tears in her eyes.

"I.. I needed closure Zach.. I know you don't understand but I did this to move on from everything. I need to put all this bullshit with him in the past and I'm trying so damn hard but it's even harder when NO ONE in this family really stops and talks to me and checks in. Literally I talk to Alex more than you anymore and that sucks because we used to be close and now we aren't. I never had a brother who was there for me as much as you were and lately you've been distant and it sucks. So, just stay the fuck away from me and out of my life. And don't wait up for me tomorrow. I have a date." Amelia yells back, opening her bedroom door and going in slamming the door and locking it.

Zach sighs and goes back into his room. Blayke looks at him, shocked at what she heard. Zach sits next to her on his bed, putting his head in his hands. Blayke rubs his back, lost in thought.

I heard the names Amelia and Dylan. It can't be.. I was told she moved states.. because of me.. and what I said.. I should act like I'm going to the kitchen and go talk to her..

"Hey babe? I'll be back. Gonna get some water." Blayke kisses his cheek, gets up and goes to the kitchen.

Amelia leaves her room quietly after changing into leggings and an oversized sweatshirt and heads into the kitchen. Blayke turns around and runs right into Amelia. Amelia squeaks as Blayke drops the glass.

"S..sorry..." Amelia starts as she looks up and stops talking. "B.. Blayke?"

"Gracie.. it is you.. I.. I didn't realize Zach's sister was you..." Blayke replies quietly. "They.. they said you moved states and lost your phone after what happened.. I.. I'm so sorry for everything. It's all my fault.. I should have talked to you before I even said anything to anyone.."