Caren

I'll have to see the bus soon, it'll have to come soon. I'm starting to have doubts and want to curl up into a little ball. This is mortifying. My first day of school and the school forgot that I exist. Wait. I can hear something coming down the road. I spot the headlights of a huge car. This isn't it. I'm about to explode with frustration when my mum places a hand on my shoulder. "It's going to rain dear" she informs me. I just nod, and I think she goes back inside, but I'm not quite sure because I suddenly became very interested in the clouds rolling overhead. They looked very strange, if that's even the right word to use.

The clouds were actually glowing! Not like a silver edge but an actual bright blue and green light emanating from the middle of each blob of fairy floss. It's just a trick your eyes are playing on you, Caren. There's nothing that could be classified as magical. My mind began to speak to me, saying that magic was real. But it's not. And I'm definitely going mad now. There is a bright aqua bus coming straight towards me. My first instinct is to run, but it doesn't look like it is going to hit me. Suddenly there is a thud and the bus lands square on the road.

"Hurry up girl, we haven't got all day"