Neal

Mia, Chloe and Alex are beginning to creep the girl out. "What's your name new girl?" The words escape my mouth before I can stop them. She looks shocked, and very flustered. I shouldn't have touched her, I should've only told her to jump up the stairs. I probably embarrassed her so much. I'm sorry.

"My name is Caren Cove, what do you mean magic is real?" She sounds scared, and I hope I'm not as bad as Mia and Alex

"Magic is the reason you were sent to this school, the reason you made things happen, the reason our school exists" Chloe explains. "What's your planet called?" Caren looks at us like we're crazy and says earth with two perfectly raised eyebrows. We all burst out laughing. Caren seems confused, as we all laugh at her joke. "No really, where are we right now, where are you from?" Alex asks.

"I'm from Australia, which is on Earth" Caren answers again, more serious and confidently this time. I think we're in disbelief. Alex looks dumbfounded, Mia and Chloe just look excited. And me? I look just like a fish. My jaw is hanging open and I am staring. Again. Why Earth? Earth is going to explode soon, we all know that, but I guess Caren doesn't. Earth is the only planet where its inhabitants are destroying instead of prolonging their life. Poor Caren. I know someone is going to have to tell her, and it won't be in a nice way. I'll have to do it. I take a deep breath and the bus begins to move.

I have never been thrown and bumped around as much as I was today. I think I am going to be sick and I wish the traffic would hold up the bus for just a second, but this world is so plastic that all of the cars move in sync and only stop at traffic lights. Which is what's coming up now. I attempt a glance over at Caren and she's laughing at us. Even for a girl who's never been on this bus before, she's very good at staying alive. Me, on the other hand, well I am just a bouncy ball, bouncing up and over each seat and slamming into the back of the bus. Suddenly the bus slams to a halt and I am thrown into the seat next to Caren. I hurriedly put my seat belt on, knowing I won't be safe if I don't. Chloe lands on top of me and I shove her into the seat on the other side of the bus. This driver should not be allowed on the road! Alex is busy adjusting her hair, and she's not noticing the lights turning green...