Caren

I know that my face is as red as a tomato when he hoists me up the stairs. I also know that this is no longer a dream. I jump away, realising that I was lying on top of the boy. And I am sopping wet. What Larissa wouldn't give to talk to this guy. And I'm sure he would've fallen for her too. But I am so bad at talking to boys, especially when they are as special as him. I quickly apologise and stand up, just as the driver leaps up the stairs, surely after putting my bags away. So that's how you get up. I'll know for next time then.

"Stop your canoodling and get into a seat!" He barked. I am going to die of embarrassment. I slide into a seat and look around, trying not to show that I am embarrassed. I stare intently at the roof, and notice stars glittering on the roof. I want whatever paint they used to make the roof look like that. Oh the windows! I try to locate them and nearly gasp. The windows are so high up and I can probably only barely reach if I stood up. I become aware of the velvety softness of the chairs and look at each row, noting that each row is a different shade of royal purple.

I can feel eight eyes on me and I look beside me. A girl with startlingly orange hair and blue blue eyes stares at me from across the bus. I look again and see two more of her, each with different coloured hair and eyes. One has blue hair and brown eyes, and the third has purple hair and orange eyes. And the heavenly boy is there as well. He has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. They all just stare at me and I can feel my cheeks heat up.

"Get your seatbelts on or you'll smash through the windows and die" the driver barked. This bus driver is so scary and rude! I feel self-conscious and wonder why they are staring at me. The orange haired girl sighs a bit too dramatically before speaking. "My name is Alex Gold, the girl with purple hair is Mia Gold and the girl with blue hair is Chloe Gold. The boy is Neal Riverwater. We came here to welcome you to our school before you get there"

"This isn't happening, this isn't real, magic isn't real" I whisper to myself.

"Actually magic is very real and this is definitely real and happening" Mia says.