Caren

Why does this have to happen? Why? Mum, dad, Alisa. I have to help them, I have to. I get up and go to tell the driver to turn around when the floor underneath me shakes violently and I nearly topple over. Neal grabs my arm and tries to hold me still, but I want to go back. I want to go back to my family. I shove his hand off my arm and he grabs me by the waist and holds me down. I have no choice but to sob into his arms.

Neal spins me around and looks into my eyes. Our faces are so close and the triplets gasp, not afraid to express their shock. My heart races, I'm scared of what's going to happen now, now that I've calmed down.

"Caren it's alright, they're going to be okay. There is a way to save Earth but not now." He shouts to the driver, "Get us into the air!" The bus lurches and it feels like I'm riding on a rollercoaster, going up, up, up. Neal leans down and whispers into my ear. "You're my partner, and I will do anything for you Caren."

Chapter 2

Anything? He would do anything for me? What does he mean by partner?

"Neal, she probably has no idea what a partner is." Mia hissed

"Don't spoil their moment!" Chloe whispered back.

"Should we tell her that we're flying now?" Alex asked. "Because I'm sure she wouldn't want to miss the view." Alex was right, I wouldn't want to miss the view. I take a peep at Neal and he boosts me up to the window. It's such a beautiful view. We're so high up in the sky it feels like we're in space. I can see the lush green hills of farmland not yet destroyed, compared to the dull grey fake trees. Why do they even try? If you can't make something look nice, don't attempt it in the first place. Even I know that! The sky seems to be getting darker. It looks beautiful, the sky changing from ashy grey to a rich shade of blue, to an imperial shade of purple, then to a dark, dark black.

There are little pinpoints of light flashing everywhere around me. I wonder what they are. A flash whizzes past the window and I jump backwards, toppling onto Neal, then onto the floor. The driver must be used to this craziness going on. He hardly seems to blink, almost like a statue.

"It was just a star! Stop being a wuss!" Alex is so mean. It's not like I meant to be scared by the star. If there are stars around here, where are we?