Chapter 1

Olivia's POV
*3 years ago*

This is it.

I'm getting married!

Leila, my maid of honor, was fixing my hair as I fumbled with my bouquet.

"What if I stutter? What if I trip in the middle of the aisle and everyone would laugh at me—" I nervously spoke.

Leila chuckled, "Don't worry Oli, you're going to do great." She smiled reassuringly at me.
"I know you're nervous, but think about it... the rest if your life with the man of your dreams." She had a dreamy look in her eyes, it eased my buzzing nerves a little.

"Awe, Leila, you're going to get married soon too." I smiled.

"If only Jason grows a pair and finally ask me." She huffed.

"Well it would probably be sooner than you expect, L." I giggled, knowing that Jason is going to propose after the reception at the hotel.

"I—"

The door opened revealing the wedding planner, my mother.

"Hun, the ceremony is about to start, are you ready?" My mother called out. I sucked in a big breath before standing up, "Yes mom, I'm ready."

I ran my hands over my beautifully simple but elegant dress, dusting off the invisible dirt.

"You look as beautiful as ever, my little snowflake." My mom said, tearing up.

"Thank you, mom. I love you, and thank you for planning my wedding." I hugged her lightly.

"Of course, anything for you my snowflake." She hugged me back, carefully avoiding wrinkling my dress.
——————
I stared at my wedding dress, reminiscing my wedding years ago.

I was so happy then, I was going to spend the rest of my life with the man I love. That was the most special day of my life, some may say that I married him for his looks, or his well toned body.

But no, I love him because he's himself. I fell madly, and deeply in love with his kindness, generosity, his flaws, everything about him. He always made me feel I was worth something, he made sure that I was the only woman he would be in love with.

I reached out for the soft fabric of my wedding dress as I felt tears sliding down my face.
I missed those days.
I missed feeling the love of the people around me.
I missed the way he would kiss me until I couldn't breathe.

Aiden hasn't come home since a week before. Today was supposed to be our third anniversary. I left him more than ten voicemails, asking when is he coming home.
I sat in our room for a few more minutes before standing up and smoothing out Aiden's favorite red dress of mine, and I trudged down the stairs to clean up the dinner I prepared for our special night, suddenly losing my appetite.

After I changed into more comfortable clothes and finished up with the cleaning, I walked to the steps towards our bedroom upstairs.

Until I heard a knock on the door.

Who could be at the door at this hour? I wondered to myself as I went to open the door.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Matthews." Our mailman, Scott, smiled as he tipped his hat.

"Oh, good afternoon Scott. What are you doing here, late at night?" I asked curiously.

"Well my last parcel is addressed to you, Mrs. Matthews." He said, handing me a small package. I thanked him and signed the papers saying I accepted the package before closing the door.

Not quite feeling sleepy yet, I decided to open the parcel. Inside contained a brown envelope, when I opened the envelope, tears started to run down my face once again. But this time, it's much, much, more painful than earlier.

The brown envelope contained papers, papers that had the bold title 'Petition for Divorce'. My eyes quickly scanned the papers in front of me, my vision slightly blurring because of the constant tears that escaped my eyes.

I saw that Aiden had already signed the papers. I felt my chest tighten, a sob breaking out my lips. I gingerly laid the divorce papers at the center of the coffee table as I pressed the heels of my palms on my eyes, breaking down and hiccuping often, I sat there sobbing for what felt like years.

I can't do this anymore. I thought, finally taking a pen and signing the papers. I'm done. I can't take it anymore.

I ran up to our—his room and took a small bag, I only took a couple shirts and pants, no way I'm going to take the things he gave me.

Soon enough I finished packing my belongings, I stood at the doorway of his room.
Looking around for the last time, I took off my wedding ring and set it on the night stand. I had no more tears left to cry. The pain slowly eating me up inside as I walked downstairs, memories of this house seemed to taunt me in every step I took.

I got in my car, no destination in mind. All I wanted was to get out of the house that haunting me of memories that turned into sharp, shards of glass that are prickling me painfully.

Only one thing evaded my mind, the only thought that I can't get rid of—that I will always love him. I'm not sure if I'll ever stop feeling this way, but for now, I can't deny that I still love him so much it hurts.

***
So this is offically the first chapter, I really hope you enjoyed it!

Comment
Vote