Chapter 5

Olivia's POV

We got back to my home and unloaded the food we got from an Italian restaurant nearby.
I gulped and I was half-stalling, while fumbling my keys, looking for the house key.

I opened the door, "L? I have italian!" I called out. Matt looked around my house, he was staring confusedly around the house.
"Wow, this place doesn't look quite like you, Liv" he commented. A knot formed in between my eye brows, "What do you mean?" I asked putting down the food on the table.

My house was simple, it had white walls, plants just outside the sliding doors and a wooden table next to the kitchen, and just a few steps to the right, there was a small space I set up as our living room

My house was simple, it had white walls, plants just outside the sliding doors and a wooden table next to the kitchen, and just a few steps to the right, there was a small space I set up as our living room. And just across us was the stairs leading up to the rooms, the bathroom was under the stairs, it looked small outside but it was bigger in the inside. I honestly hated the bathroom there because I know Jay would be too scared to go to the bathroom at night once he grows up.

He was afraid of the dark, he would cry if I forget to open his night light before he sleeps.

"Well, for one... you don't have pictures around. You used to love hanging up pictures because you said it is like displaying memories." He said, looking around my small home.

Well, everything that has been going on lately, I prefer to keep the memories to myself. I especially didn't want to display Jay's baby pictures. There was a part because it brings some bad memories back when I was pregnant with Jay.

I am not proud of it but I considered abortion. I don't have a problem with people getting abortion, but I remembered how I loved the idea of taking care of a baby. I felt as if I was going to kill my only chance of being happy. Unfortunately, at the time I knew I was not ready nor it was the right time for me to have a baby.
I lived in a smaller crappier apartment before this house. I was too ashamed of myself, being such a wreck when I was pregnant that I felt as if I wasn't worthy of displaying Jay's pictures.

When Jay was born in the first few months he almost died. I neglected him because I was selfish, I cried for Aiden and when he rejected me and Jay. It destroyed me and I wasn't stable enough to take care of Jay back then. But if it wasn't for Leila and Jason, I wouldn't have my baby now. They were the ones to get Jay to the hospital on time, that was also the first time Leila literally slap me to the reality of my situation. I was still grateful for their kindness and friendship.

"It's been two years, Matt. Things are bound to change." I smile, trying to cover the tiredness from my voice. It's been a long two years but its all worth it for Jay.

"So what did you want to talk about, Liv?" He sat on the couch by the TV, making himself comfortable.
I nervously look everywhere but him, "I—uh—Well..." Loud giggles started bubbling in the bathroom, there was Jay giggling with his towel on his head but he was also butt naked.