Lost Boy

Zayn's POV

I woke up in a white room that smelled clean...too clean. I tried to get up, but could not move.

Where am I?

Every part of my body burned and screamed out in pain.

I heard muffled talking in the background, but still did not know where I was.

What the hell happened?

I lay there, wishing someone would walk over and tell me what the bloody hell happened and where I was. Then, just like my prayer was heard and answered, the door opened and I heard footsteps. I tried to move my head to see who it was, then falling back down, my body in searing pain. I cursed under my breath, closing my eyes in discomfort. It felt as if the room was burning, but I could not run.

Just then, I felt the warmth of someone standing beside me. I turned my head so I could see who it was.

Great. Just who I wanted to see. Why was he here?

"Hey Zee, how are you feeling?" he asked me in a soft, soothing voice.

I glared at him and said through my gritted teeth, "Not well. Why the hell are you here? Why am I here?" I snapped at him rudely, distgust written all over my face.

He didn't answer me, but sat down, letting out a long sigh of frustration and tiredness. He was merely staring out of the only window that was in the room. He was ignoring me. I rolled my eyes and turned back so that my head was looking straight up at the ceiling. I could feel him staring at me.

-

Liam's POV

I sighed and sat down, trying to piece my words together. Trying to find a way to tell him. I buried my head into my hands in frustration. Then I moved my gaze to the window, everything was so peaceful today....well, almost everything...

I watched out of the corner of my eye as Zayn shifted his head. When he had finished adjusting his position I stared at him, trying to make the words come out.

But they didn't.

Again, I looked down at my feet. Without looking at him, I asked, "Do you really want to know?"

"Yes, I want to fvcking know why the hell I'm laying in this white room that smells like anestheptics, not able to move," he said rudely.

"Ok...." I began, without making eye contact, although I could feel his gaze upon me.

"I- I was really rude to you at the hotel and wanted to apologize and talk it out, so I was following you home, but I got stuck at the railroad crossing and there was a long train so I got behind. When I got to your flat, the door had been left wide open. I ran in, yelling your name, thinking there was a robbery, but it was much worse than that. When I walked into your bathroom, you were lying in a large pool of your blood wi-with cuts all over your body." I paused, swallowing hard. "I was so scared Zayn, so scared to lose you. The thought of it frightened me. So I called 9-1-1 and they came within minutes and brought you here. They've been treating you ever since, helping you recover. And I've been here, by your side. Zee, without you I'm a lost boy."

I said this, still unsure of what I was to do, yet hoping it would reassure him and he would feel better.

The thing is, I still loved Danielle, but I also loved Zayn; just as Zayn loved Perr*e, but also loved me. I couldn't describe the feeling; it was as if I was cheating on them, but in reality, I wasn't with either of them. I hated this feeling of uncertainty and I hated lying (to Zayn), but right now my focus was to make him feel better.

I took out my phone and sent a quick text to Danielle:

To Danielle:

I'm going to be a bit busy for a while, my mate is in the hospital and in critical condition. We'll meet up after all of this. :) -Liam Xx

I returned the iPhone back to its place in my front pocket and looked at Zayn, wondering what I was going to decide to do. I loved them both, but I knew deep down inside that I could not have them both.

I'm a lost boy.

•••••

Sigh, a slow chapter....again. ):

I have a few ideas to throw into the plot....bUt, what do you think will happen next?

Vote/Comment/Follow x