Beside You

Liam's POV

Zayn had a pulse.

I let out a heavy breath I did not know I had been holding in. It hasn't even been a full 24 hours since the incident but it felt like years had passed. I was getting more and more frightened with each passing hour. Dr. Reed had said that Zayn would be in a coma for a week or two; it had already been 8 days and I was anxious.

I don't know how the doctors pulled it off but my Zayn is alive and breathing, that is all that matters at the time being.

I reached my hand up and laced my fingers with his. His hands were ice cold and clammy, his face pale like snow, his body limp and immovable. I clenched my jaw and gritted my teeth, trying to hold the tears back but they broke through and poured over my eyelids like water through a broken dam.

My appearance has been unappealing; I haven't moved from this chair - sulking and crying; my face was stained pink as it was constantly flushed, my eyes swollen and bloodshot from crying for days on end, and my lips were dry and cracked from my nervous habit of nibbling on them when I was nervous. I looked like trash... no, I looked worse than trash.

"Zayn, whatever happens, I want you to know that I love you and that I am deeply in love with you. I didn't mean to hurt you before but I know I did. I caused .all of this to occur. If I wouldn't have yelled at you, we wouldn't be here now and you wouldn't be this close to dying. You probably can't hear a single word I'm saying but I love you so much Zee." I whispered all these things to him and more, pouring out my emotions and how I felt about him.

Just then, Doctor Reed entered the room and asked me if I could sign a couple of papers for the X-ray, since his family wasn't here and couldn't sign it. After scribbling my name onto the dotted line, they took Zayn out of the room I was in and into another to give him X-rays, leaving me alone with my own thoughts.

After a few minutes, I grew drowsy and fell fast asleep leaning on the armrest; 10 PM - Day 9.

•••••

Sorry this update was so short. I'm getting kinda bored with this fanfic tbh and I don't really feel like continuing it much longer so there will probably be five more chapters until this is complete?

Don't forget to check out Fireproof !

Vote/Comment/Follow x