Chapter 3

"Have you ever been in love?" He asked me, and then looked at me. 

I look at everyone in the room. It almost feels like i was dying from the inside. Everyone stared right at me. I could feel everyone's eyes at me. Suddenly i felt like something was coming up my throat. Like i was about to throw up. My eyes got blur. I quickly decided to get up and take my books and bag and run out. The second i went out i could hear Jackson behind me. 

"Wait...Amelia stop!" He tried to stop me, but I was too fast. 

I ran over to the other side, where our residences were. I quickly ran upstairs and went inside. I couldn't breathe. My breathing began to be quicker.

"Hey..are you okay? What happened?" Joseph asked, and ran over to me. 

I quickly push him away and dried my eyes. 

"Stop, let go of me! Go away!" I was about to take on the door handle to my room when Joseph came from behind. I couldn't see him. He was holding me from behind. 

"Hey...calm down. Calm down! Hey....breath... breath" My breathing was getting more and more normal slowly. 

I took his hands away from me and turned around.  I was still crying. I looked at him.

"Hey...come here" He pulled me closer to him, and then he hugged me. I held him around his neck, and he held me around my waist. 

"Can we talk, please?" He asked while letting go.  He took my face in his hands and dried my tears away. 

I noted. 

I went over to the couch and sat down. He came and sat in front of me. 

"I'm sorry, for shouting at you, i wasn't mad at you." He says while looking at me. 

"Yeah..i know. I'm sorry too, i shouldn't have interfered. You scared me, and you looked sad, so i just wanted to..." 

Joseph interrupts. 

"Hey..you don't need to say sorry for anything. You didn't do anything" He says. He takes my hand and kisses it. I smile at him. He dries my tears away again.  

"You should know that you can talk to me about everything Amelia. You don't need to hide from me okay?" He said, and there was something about him that felt safe. 

"Can you write that in a card for me?" I said and chuckled. 

"Oh yeah! Anything you want, but you threw my card out! You should know it was one of my biggest work of art." He said and laughed. I laughed afterward. 

"Oh, really? It was so ugly. I could have done it so much better" I laughed. 

He came closer to me. Our knees were touching. I was still chuckling. He took his hands and stroked some of my hair to the side. I stopped chuckling. He looked at me. I looked at him. 

"The card was sweet, thank you," I said, and looked at him. 

"Oh yeah..?" He said and looked at my lips, and then my eyes. I started to get nervous. I was confused, but i knew he was hurting. So he probably just imagined stuff.

"Yeah..." I say. I feel a strange tension between us. Like he wanted to say something more.

Suddenly the bell rang. 

I quickly got up and went over to the door. It was Jackson. 

"Hey, are you okay? I just wanted to say that i was sorry." He asked. 

"Yeah...I'm fine. I'm sorry for failing you." I said. 

"You dident fail me, Amelia. People just don't understand."